Have you landed on this article with a question like what is the best tablet for drawing? Well, your question will be answered briefly in this article.
A tablet for drawing, also known as an electronic drawing pad or graphics tablet; is a portable device that enables you to draw directly onto the screen. The stylus pen means no more trying to erase smudges on your computer monitor! They are extremely useful if you are an avid sketcher, or even aspire to become one. You can doodle ideas for future projects or simply use the tablet as a fun activity. Most graphics tablets come with drawing software installed so you can get started straight away!
Digital art is becoming increasingly popular so having the right equipment is important. As well as being good for doodling, a tablet for drawing is also good for photo editing and art/design projects.
However, let’s discover the best tablet for drawing and how you can buy it!
- 1 The best tablet for drawing
- 2 How to buy a tablet for drawing?
- 3 What apps are good for sketching, painting, and other art projects on your new tablet?
- 4 Top tips from professional artists to help you get started with your new tablet!
- 5 Conclusion
The best tablet for drawing
There are several factors to consider before buying a graphics tablet. The first factor is the size and number of programmable buttons. Are you going to be using your digital drawing pad often? If so, it may be worth splashing out a little extra cash to ensure that you’ll have a quality product that will last you a while. Another vital factor to consider is the size of the “active area” on your tablet. This is where you will be drawing. As with most things, the larger the better!
You may also want to think about how comfortable it will be to use this product for extended periods – do you find yourself getting tired or sore hands after using your mouse for too long? If so, you may want to think about choosing a graphics tablet with more ergonomic controls. However, we will discuss some additional factors regarding purchasing tablets in the latter part of this article.
The following list is at the top of our best table for drawing. Now, you are going to have your answer to the question of what is the best tablet for drawing. This ranking is according to customers’ reviews and sales on Amazon.com.
- Built with high quality materials and designed to make the most of Pro Pen 2
- Wacom's finest creative pen tablet to date
- Pro Pen 2 - Designed as a natural extension of your hand
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity and a sleek new design
If you are looking for a digital graphics tablet that will last the test of time, then look no further! The Wacom Intuos Draw is our top pick in terms of drawing tablets because it has an incredibly sensitive pen which enables the user to have more precise control over what they are creating. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems which is perfect for those who switch between devices.
If you are looking to get serious with your art, then this tablet will come in handy as the pen’s 4096 pressure sensitivity allows you to create more realistic drawings and paintings. Another positive of purchasing this product would be its size. As it can be bought in a range of different sizes, you can choose the version that best suits your needs.
- Highly sensitive pen which enables you to have more precise control over what you are creating.
- Comes in a range of different sizes.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Includes a free creative package that features exclusive designs, templates and projects in order to help expand your creative boundaries.
- There is no wireless option available.
- 【FOR ONLINE EDUCATION & MEETING】You can use PD1560 pen display for online education and remote...
- 【10 EXPRESS KEYS & 8192 PEN PRESSURE SENSITIVITY】-- 10 shortcut keys are customizable . 8192...
- 【ADJUSTABLE STAND】-- You can find a perfect and comfortable position by dragging the switch to...
- 【OS SUPPORT& PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY】-- Windows 7/8/10 or later, Mac OS 10.11 or later; compatible...
This product is slightly more affordable than our top pick and provides a similar pen sensitivity. Some have claimed that this version of the graphics tablet has an advantage over the Intuos Draw because it comes with 2048 pressure levels! This can mean that you can create finer drawings/art which looks much more realistic. Furthermore, the drawing area is slightly larger than the Intuos Draw so it is slightly more versatile.
- 2048 pressure levels
- large drawing area Cons: Some have claimed that the pen isn’t as sensitive or accurate as other models.
- Size: 11.8 x 8.5 x 0.2 inches Display size: 15.6 inch Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Design features: IPS screen, 6 Express Keys, Pivot Function
- Compatibility Windows 7, 8, 10 Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Price: $GD Star Rating: 4/5 Purchase
- Some have reported that the pen isn’t very sensitive and requires a lot of pressure to function.
- Fully-laminated Screen-Artist 12 Pro seamlessly combines the glass and screen. With virtually no...
- Tilt function-Artist 12 Pro supports up to 60 degrees of tilt function. So now you don't need to...
- Red Dial and 8 Customizable Shortcut Keys-A sleek Red Dial interface to make your workflow as smooth...
- Newly Designed Battery-free Stylus PA2-Comes equipped with finer pen nibs, allowing you to draw and...
This product has a unique design and comes at an affordable price point. One of the main pros to this tablet is that it has a large drawing area which, depending on your preference, can be advantageous. It also offers 2048 pressure levels so it is worth considering if you are looking for more natural control over what you create!
- Large drawing area which is optimal for those looking to use their tablet as a replacement for paper.
- Comes with settings that are optimized for photoshop, illustrator, and SAI.
- 2048 pressure levels mean the Artist 12 Pro has more natural control over your drawings.
- Wacom feel
- Although it comes with settings that are optimized for photoshop, illustrator, and SAI it lacks the more complex software of other brands.
- Android Supported - HUION H610 Pro V2 is compatible with Mac (OS 10.12 and above), Windows 7 and...
- Innovative Tilt Control System - Provide you better pressure detection and accurate cursor...
- 8192 Levels of Pressure Sensitivity - Outfitted with Huion's latest battery-free stylus PW100 of...
- Customizable Shortcut Keys - 8 Customized Press Keys + 16 Customized Soft Keys, all customizable and...
This tablet comes with a free glove which can be used as an alternative to the pen. Some people find that using this accessory can be more comfortable and it is great for those who like to draw for extended periods. It has a standard drawing area, however, some customers may disagree as they would prefer it to be slightly larger.
- The tablet is compatible with both PC and Mac systems.
- The battery for the pen can be recharged using a USB cable so you do not need to buy any additional batteries. This saves money in the long run.
- There are 8 user-programmable shortcut buttons and a knob to make it easier to access menus.
- The resolution is 5080 LPI (lines per inch).
- It has a high accuracy rate of 100 PPS (pixels per second), which makes drawing smoother and more natural.
- This product comes with two years’ worth of warranty.
- Some customers have experienced issues with the tablet freezing.
- DRAW or TAKE NOTES: The most affordable tablet that comes with a pen and a pre-installed drawing app...
- 4 FREE BONUS ITEMS inside the box: a high-quality tablet case, Drawing Glove, universal power...
- CLEAR SCREEN, LARGE DISK and a SUPERIOR CPU: The High power MediaTek Quad-core processor boosts the...
- CONNECTIVITY: Connect your tablet to your home WIFI network and you can take this tablet wherever...
Although slightly more expensive than our other picks, this tablet comes with an HDMI port which is perfect for connecting to external monitors! If you are looking for a medium-sized drawing area, then you may want to consider this product. It also features 2048 pressure levels so it provides the user with ultimate control over what they create.
- 10″ drawing area with 1920 x 1080 resolution
- USB port for connectivity
- HDMI port for external monitor connection
- Not as durable as some of the other entries on our list. This tablet is not expected to last longer than a year unless cared for properly.
Hope you have found the answer to your question what is the best tablet for drawing!
How to buy a tablet for drawing?
To choose the best graphics tablet, you need to consider certain factors. Here are some of these criteria that may be useful when comparing products.
Active drawing area – This is where you will create art, so if possible try to get a model with an active area that is big enough for you to draw comfortably.
Resolution – If you are getting a larger tablet, then resolution can decrease. Don’t worry about this too much if you’re only drawing on the tablet, but it’s something to be aware of.
Pressure sensitivity – This is especially advantageous in pen-type styluses that require more pressure to create thicker lines. By far the best styluses for drawing are ones that have 2048 pressure levels but don’t worry too much if you’re only using it for art because even lower settings give great results.
USB or Wireless – You can get both wired and wireless models. The latter is usually Bluetooth, so it needs batteries and is more expensive.
Pen/Stylus – This is the main thing to look for when getting a drawing tablet because it is what you will be using to create art. Look out for ones with 2048 levels of pressure so that they replicate natural pen movements as closely as possible. You can also find models which have a rechargeable battery built-in that is either activated or deactivated by holding it down.
Pen stand – Some models come with a pen stand which makes storing the stylus easier and prevents you from losing it. This might be particularly useful if you have kids as they can easily lose things!
Ports – If you want to connect your tablet to any external devices such as a monitor, then check to see if it has any ports. Some of the most common ones are HDMI and MiniDisplay Port which you can use to attach an external screen. Be careful which computer models these work with as there is some incompatibility
Battery – Wireless tablets need batteries and they usually come built-in. If you want a battery-free model then you will need to get a wired pen.
Price – The cost of graphics tablets varies greatly, so think about your budget and whether or not it’s worth spending more for extra features such as active drawing areas and ports.
What apps are good for sketching, painting, and other art projects on your new tablet?
There are several apps out there that can produce great results. Here are some examples!
Adobe Photoshop CC – This is great for digital painting and drawing, but it’s probably more suited to people who have already used it before. It’s quite expensive but you can try the 30-day trial version to see if it works for you and what sort of projects you can create with it.
Paintstorm Studio – This has some excellent photo editing features and is generally great for creative people who want to use their tablet to produce some unique artwork. It’s one of the best apps out there in terms of the art software, but many aspects are locked behind a paywall which may put some people off.
ArtRage Studio – This app is really fun to use because it’s got a real sketchbook-like interface and provides you with lots of tools that are great for digital painters. Some will even find that its watercolour effects are very similar to using traditional analogue paint!
MediBang Paint Pro – This is a great online app that you can access across multiple devices. It’s really simple to use and makes creating artwork with your tablet super easy!
MediBang Paint – This free app has some nice features for sketching, drawing, painting, and animating, but they are all slightly limited compared to the pro version which costs money.
Top tips from professional artists to help you get started with your new tablet!
Not everyone can be a professional artist, but there are some things you can do to improve the results of your tablet. Here’s what you should bear in mind:
Take a look around for a comprehensive guide to drawing on a tablet. This will give you tips and tricks that artists use to create their work and could be especially useful if you are either new to this or haven’t tried drawing on the tablet before.
If you like traditional art, then it may be worth getting a graphics tablet with an active area that is the same size as your canvas. This makes your setup more similar to painting in real life and could help you improve the quality of your work if done correctly.
If you are on a budget, then don’t worry because there are some affordable graphics tablets out there that will get the job done. The most important features to look for are adequate drawing resolution and pressure sensitivity.
You might want to think about trying an app that allows you to paint or draw straight onto your computer screen. This is often a lot easier than having to use a tablet, so it may be worth it in some cases. Just make sure that you can afford the software and hardware before making your final decision!
In conclusion, there are many graphics tablets out there to choose from. Some work better than others, so you will need to make sure that you can get the most out of your budget by choosing a tablet that has enough features for what you want to do.
Be sure to also think about drawing apps if you don’t already have any or aren’t satisfied with what you currently use. There is plenty of software out there that can help you produce great artwork, even if it’s not necessarily what you would expect!
However, if you are still unsure about what is the best tablet for drawing then you can comment below. We can definitely help you out!
Last update on 2022-09-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API