Want to know how to play PS4 games on pc without remote play? In this tutorial, we’ll teach you how to play PS4 games on your laptop rather than a controller.
Remote play is when you use a video game system’s remote play feature to play games on another device. For example, PS3 and PS4 users may use this feature to transmit their audio and visual output data to another device and play with that one instead of the original.
Additionally, the second screen reflects what’s happening on the console, but with the control codes flowing in the other direction. As a wireless screen for any device, you may utilize your smartphone, tablet PC, laptop, or PS Vita. The Remote Play is only required if you wish to play on your laptop with a PS4. Follow the steps in this post on how to play PS4 on pc without remote play.
Remote play is now available on Windows 10 PCs. However, to take advantage of this feature, you’ll need at least 15 Mbps of Internet connection. If you do not even want to use a remote play, users may play PS4 games on the laptop using a captures card. If you correctly follow the instructions, you may use the PS4 display on your computer.
- 1 Steps for Playing the PS4 Games without Remote Play.
- 2 Can I use my laptop to play PS4 games without a controller?
- 3 How can you play PS4 games on the PC without using Remote Play?
- 4 Frequently asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
Steps for Playing the PS4 Games without Remote Play.
Because it’s so easy, anybody can do it on their own. All you’ll need is an HDMI wire and then a USB-C to USB-A adapter. Once you’ve completed that, proceed as follows:
- Install the game capture software from the official website to get started.
- After that, use a USB to connect the capture card towards the laptop. To complete the process, click the PS4 to the HDMI out port and the capture card to the HDMI in port on the HDMI in the device.
- Use a USB-C cable to connect the capture card’s USB-A connection to the laptop’s USB-C port. This technique utilizes the laptop’s electricity to run the capture card and receive video input via cable. Connect your USB-A cable to a USB 3.0 port on your laptop before using it.
- Open the Game Capture program when your laptop is connected to a capture card and your PS4 is switched on. After initialization, the capture card will indeed be prepared to receive video signals.
- Use a signal generator and receiver to check whether the capture card is functioning correctly. The gaming device can only be recognized using a capture card. The gaming device may be configured manually if the capture card fails for any reason. By clicking on the gear icon under Options > Game Capture Settings. You may choose the PS4 from a list that displays just below the capture card if you want to use it as your gaming console.
- As a consequence, you no longer need a controller to play PS4 games on the laptop. You may also use the keyboard as an input device to enter data. Leaving the PS4 controller at house or somewhere, and you’ll need it later? No problem. This isn’t going to be as exciting as using a game controller. But, in the absence of any other option, it’s the definitive decision. PS4 gaming does not need the use of a powerful laptop computer.
Can I use my laptop to play PS4 games without a controller?
Using a laptop display instead of a PS4 controller allows you to play PS4 games on your laptop. HDMI encoders for Windows laptops and Macbooks let you use your laptop’s screen as a PS4 monitor. However, the image quality will decrease when utilizing your laptop’s screen as PS4’s display without a remote.
Consequently, it would help if you did not do it. Nevertheless, a laptop’s screen may now be utilized as a display for the PlayStation 4. Using a capture card will accomplish your goal in this situation. But if you use another capture card, help ensure the laptop has a USB-C port because you’ll need to have a USB-C to USB-A connection.
It is suitable with USB 3.0 unless we can use a capture card to convert your laptop screen into the PS4 display for the gaming console rather than. If you’d rather play PS4 games on the laptop screen than a television, this is the way for you.
How can you play PS4 games on the PC without using Remote Play?
Remember that a laptop video card is needed. What can you do if you don’t have a video card to play or stream?
Using an Elgato capture card with a laptop as a display fixes your problem. Therefore there’s no issue. However, if you don’t already own a capture card, we strongly advise that you do so before proceeding.
A USB-Type A to USB-Type C adapter with USB 3.0 compatibility is required for a capture card to function. Your laptop’s USB-Type C connector eliminates the need for USB-Type A to USB-Type Converters. Now, follow these recommendations:
- Grab’s official website has a desktop application download. However, it’s strongly suggested that you get the official software and install it. Download links are available for both Windows and Mac users.
- To link the laptop to your PS4, you’ll need an HDMI cable. Video signals from the capture card may be sent to a display through a USB-Type C connection.
- To connect your capture card to your laptop, you will need a USB-Type C to USB-Type A convertor.
- Go back to your computer and launch the downloaded program. Capture Ard must detect and react to the inputs for a few seconds before it can do so. The procedure may be done by hand if necessary if you run into issues.
- Afterward, you won’t need Remote Play to play PS4 games on pc.
Points to remember while enjoying a PS4 game on a PC without Remote Play, keep these things in mind.
- You will use the keyboard to provide input, but be aware that it will be slow. However, the gamepad’s responsiveness and efficiency will be inferior to those of the standard system controller. Your keyboard will work just fine without a console controller.
- The only way to make this work is to buy a USB Type-C port converter if you don’t have a capture card or your laptop doesn’t have one already.
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a high-end computer. The laptop will only be used as a display while using the PS4 as the primary computing device. Therefore, your laptop will not be put under any stress. As a consequence, you may use any old laptop to do this task.
Frequently asked Questions
Is it possible to use a PC to play PS4 games?
Because of a PS Remote Play function, you can play PlayStation games on your Mac or PC using a Sony console. There’s no need to turn on the television. To begin, turn on PS Remote Play on your PS4. Second, just on the laptop or desktop, you intend to play games. Finally, you must install the PS Remote Play software.
Is it possible to play PS4 games on a laptop through HDMI?
A USB output port may be found on the laptop‘s HDMI connector. Additionally, the PS4’s HDMI connector has an output connection for connecting a PS4 to a computer. Laptop video input must be HDMI-compatible. The external laptop screen will only show material from the PS4 when using this HDMI port.
What’s the best way to get my PS4 connected to my PC?
Navigate to Settings, then account, and finally, User Center to access these features. After that, click Link Account to complete the process. To connect your PSN account to your miHoYo account, enter your email address.
However, with this guide, you’ve learned how to use your laptop as a PS4 controller without the remote play. Using your laptop as a PS4 display with keywords, you can play any game. You get to use the laptop keyboard as your input device, which is a huge perk. Using a remote controller isn’t always a positive experience. However, if you don’t have the controller with you, you may still play the games by following the steps below. Because you’re utilizing a capture card, you don’t need a powerful PC to play PS4 games.