In this article, I will explain the process of how to open PDF files in the chrome browser step by step.
Let’s get started.
Google Chrome: Open PDF in Adobe Reader
Before jumping in, let me tell you how to open a PDF in Adobe Reader.
1. Before getting started you need to install Adobe Reader on your computer/laptop machine.
2. Now open Chrome and click on the “Menu” icon and then follow to “Settings”.
3. In the settings page, scroll to the bottom and click on “Advanced”.
4. Now you will see “Privacy and Security” section, choose “Site settings”.
5. Scroll down and choose “PDF documents”.
6. All you need to do is turn on “Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome”.
PDF files are downloadable like other file types. Just select the file at the bottom, right-click and choose “Open” and you will be able to see the file opened in a separate Reader window. Make sure to check “Always open files of this type” option for future convenience.
Adobe Reader Settings
Now here’s another scenario if the file opens in a different application rather than Adobe Reader.
1. Open Adobe Reader, and visit “Edit” from the top menu and go to “Preferences”.
2. Select “General”.
3. Select “Select as Default PDF Handler” option.
4. Choose “Continue”, and keep following next steps.
5. Let windows perform its actions, and your machine will be restarted after these changes.