Looking for the best procreate table, are you an artist, illustrator, or designer? If you belong to any one of these professions then there is no way you won’t require a tablet or a tablet PC. A great tablet can lead to amazing creations. It is what enables artists to create their masterpieces. Therefore, if you are in search of such tablets then read our article on the best tablet for procreate 2021. We hope that you can find your perfect creation partner!
Busy? Don’t have a moment to spare? Here we have got you our top pick. We have selected Samsung-Galaxy- Tab-S3 as our quick pick. Among all the products that are listed in this article, it is widely used by artists and designers for creative purposes. It comes with a 9.7-inch display screen, a fast quad-core processor, and a reliable S pen that offers 4096 pressure sensitivity levels. The price tag is fairly reasonable and the high number of positive reviews on Amazon is the sign that it’s the best tablet for procreating and worthy of your investment.
- 1 Best Procreate Tablet
- 1.1 1.) Wacom Cintiq 22 Procreate tablet with pen
- 1.2 2.) Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Best Samsung tablet for Procreate
- 1.3 3.) Wacom Cintiq 16 Procreate drawing tablet
- 1.4 4.) Samsung Galaxy tab S4 Best drawing tablet for Procreate
- 1.5 5.) Microsoft Surface Book 3
- 1.6 6.) XP-Pen Artist Cheapest tablet for Procreate
- 1.7 7.) Wacom Intuos Pro Best cheap tablet for Procreate
- 1.8 8.) Wacom One (2020) Best budget tablet for procreate
- 2 Apple iPad Pro 2021 Best Ipad tablet for Procreate
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 7
- 4 Types of Tablets (What Cater to your needs?)
- 4.1 Graphics Tablet:
- 4.2 Mobile Tablets:
- 4.3 PC Tablets
- 4.4 Detailed Buying Guide for Best Tablet for Procreate
- 4.4.1 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 184.108.40.206.1 What tablets can run Procreate?
- 220.127.116.11.2 Is it worth buying an iPad for Procreate?
- 18.104.22.168.3 Is tablet fine for using procreate?
- 22.214.171.124.4 How many GBs are needed for procreate?
- 126.96.36.199.5 Can I use my drawing tablet without a computer?
- 188.8.131.52.6 What is the best android tablet for drawing and procreate?
- 184.108.40.206.7 Is the stylus important to use for by procreate tablets?
- 220.127.116.11 Conclusion:
Best Procreate Tablet
Let’s dive into the detailed review section of these products!
1.) Wacom Cintiq 22 Procreate tablet with pen
Wacom Cintiq 22 is one of the tablets for artists that helps in providing a great drawing experience. It is offered by the Wacom brand that is a pro in developing highly advanced tablets. Wacom Cintiq 22 is one of their premium quality products that rivals the Huion Kamvas Pro 22 and the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro.
Wacom Cintiq 22 is a flat surface tablet that provides a screen size of about 22 inches boasting HD resolution. The large screen size provides you with more drawing area. Therefore, you can comfortably draw on it.
The screen surface is laminated with anti-glare providing the whole surface a slightly smooth texture. The stylus ( Pro Pen 2) provided with it, works great. It has a sensitivity level of about 8,192. It’s not energized by the battery. It is powered by the electromagnetic properties of the screen.
The built-in stand provides perfect ergonomics. You can tilt the device at any angle you like for a comfortable drawing experience.
Wacom DTK2200 Cintiq 22
25.5 L x 2.2 W x 15.7 H inches
22 inches of HD display screen gives you wide format and extra wide viewing angles.
- A more affordable pen Display with Wacom Pro Pen 2 technology, 8, 192 pressure levels, low...
- Cintiq’s 21.5” 1920x1080 HD Display provides you with clarity to see every detail of your work....
- See your creations in vibrant color on the cinq's HD display (16.7 million colors, 72% NTSC/Cue 1931...
- Connect to your computer with the convenient HDMI and USB cables and get into the perfect position...
2.) Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Best Samsung tablet for Procreate
Samsung, the Korean giant, is a remarkable company that is a global leader in developing unique and exceptional devices. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is one of its most remarkable products that are a perfect blend of style and function. It is on par with the Apple brand iPad Pro.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 comes in two attractive colors i.e. black and silver. It’s a 9.7-inch tablet with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Its resolution is 2048×1536. Its super AMOLED display screen is quite sturdy.
Equipped with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, the tablet is very responsive to your commands. It’s a perfect amalgam of 4GB RAM and 32GB storage. A micro-SD card slot enables you to add up to 256GB. It has a reliable fingerprint scanner that helps you unlock your device.
The refined S pen is quite amazing as it’s 4 times more sensitive than the Apple pen. The tablet is energized by the 6000mAh battery. You can charge the device with the USB-C port. Its fast charger will fully charge the device in 2 and a half hours which is pretty amazing.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3:
10.8 L x 0.2 W x 6.7 H inches
9.7 inches of HD display screen gives you wide format and extra wide viewing angles.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Bluetooth, 802, 11abg
- input voltage：100 -240V
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The...
- Includes the Samsung S Pen Stylus
- Featuring High Dynamic Range on a Super AMOLED display, the Galaxy Tab S3 delivers cinematic...
3.) Wacom Cintiq 16 Procreate drawing tablet
If you are planning on leveling up your game then the best option would be to buy Wacom Cintiq 16. This is an affordable gadget that provides excellent drawing performance. For illustrators and artists, it’s an ideal option considering its price. If you are looking for the best tablet for procreate then this device is certainly a candidate for it.
Wacom Cintiq 16 is a 15.6-inch drawing tablet with HD resolution. It is equipped with a TFT LCD and anti-glare coating. In terms of the stand, it lacks the reliable built-in stand however, it’s replaced by the supporting flip legs that can provide you a working angle of 19 degrees.
Its color gamut is not wide as well. It’s only 72% which is much less than the 94 % provided by the Cintiq Pro and the Artisul D16 pen display. Therefore, for pro photographers, it’s not an ideal option. The Pro pen 2 offered by this tablet is pretty amazing.
Its sensitivity level is the same as that of the Proline that is 8,192. It’s not powered by the battery and takes the energy boost from the electromagnetic properties of the screen. It is an amazing pen that works best for 3D modeling.
Wacom Cintiq 16
16.6 L x 11.2 W x 0.4 H inches
15.6 inches of HD display screen gives you clarity to see the wonders of your art. The screen is scratch-resistant and anti-glare surface.
1920 x 1080 p
REAR WEBCAM RESOLUTION
Windows and Mac
- A more affordable pen Display with Wacom Pro Pen 2 technology, 8,192 pressure levels and tilt...
- Cintiq’s 15.6 inch 1920x1080 HD displays provide you with clarity to see every detail of your...
- See your creations in vibrant color on the Cintiq’s HD display (16.7 million colors bit, 72...
- Connect to your computer with the convenient 3 in 1 (HDMI) connection cable and get into the perfect...
4.) Samsung Galaxy tab S4 Best drawing tablet for Procreate
The Samsung brand has launched many tablets but so far Samsung galaxy tab S4 is the best one. This tablet comes in an alluring design and offers specs that make it definitely worth the money. Although it’s quite expensive, the most alluring feature of this device is that you don’t need to pay separately for the stylus. The stylus comes in the box. Therefore, it’s a good thing.
Samsung galaxy tab S4 is an amazing 10.5-inch tablet with a super AMOLED display screen and provides a 2560 x 1600 resolution. It is far better than the newly launched S5e. With the 7.65 x 5.04 inches active drawing area you can comfortably draw and make your idea a reality.
The most prominent feature of this tablet is the S pen. It is durable and very responsive, unlike its precursors. Its pressure sensitivity level is up to 4096.
Unlike tab 3 which lacks a pen holder, this device provides you with this convenient feature. It can effectively run android 8.0. For connectivity, it offers Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a USB-C port.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
9.81 L x 6.47 W x 0.28 H inches
10.5 inches of HD display screen that you can transform into PC.
802.11a/b/g/n/ac, 802.11abg, 802.11a/b/g/n, 802.11a
FLASH MEMORY SIZE
REAR WEBCAM RESOLUTION
- DeX: Transform your tablet into a PC
- S Pen included. Imagination unlocked
- With far field mics, your tablet listens and responds to your voice when your tablet is out of reach
- Super AMOLED Display, Crisp, Clear, Captivating
Microsoft is an innovative brand that has always lived up to its name. The brand is known for making bold moves one which can be seen in its newly launched device that is Microsoft surface Book 3. This product is although expensive but is packed with many exceptional features which will certainly help the designers and artists in creating excellent work.
Microsoft surface Book3 offers a 13.5-inch touch screen with a 3000 x 2000 display resolution. This is a fast device that comes with the quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. It’s 50% fast as compared to its predecessor surface book 2.
The surface pen that’s offered is actually sold separately. Its sensitivity level is about 4,096 levels. It can effectively run the Windows 10 Pro. For connection, the brand has installed the Wi-Fi feature, Bluetooth, and a USB-C port.
Microsoft Surface Book 3
12.3 L x 0.91 W x 9.14 H inches
13.5 inches of HD display screen that you can transform into PC..
15.5 hours along with improved standby extending the battery life
3000 x 2000 P
Windows 10 Home
FLASH MEMORY SIZE
- Most powerful Surface laptop yet, with quad-core powered, 10th Gen Intel Core processors. More than...
- Power when you need it. Up to 15.5 hours battery life  — plus improved standby that extends...
- The connections you need, including USB-A, USB-C, and full-size SD card slot.
- High-resolution PixelSense touchscreen display. Also available in 15”.
6.) XP-Pen Artist Cheapest tablet for Procreate
For digital drawing, what’s important is the drawing area that the device provides and the responsive stylus with plenty of sensitivity levels. It would be convenient if it’s packed with many additional buttons and vast connection ports to expand your creativity.
These aspects are found in none other than the XP-Pen Artist. It’s a perfect drawing partner for you that will always back you up with its amazing specs and functions.
XP-Pen Artist comes with a 15.6-inch display screen boasting HD resolution. Equipped with the IPS display panel, you get to view super crisp and exceptionally vivid graphics. It supports 4K displays as well. The drawing area provided by it is 13.54 x 7.62inches.
The passive stylus offered by this device provides 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity. You can have a fluid drawing experience thanks to it. It can run Windows or macOS efficiently. For connection, it offers a USB-C port. It offers 6 customizable keys for smooth functioning. It is a perfect gadget for artists.
17.44 L x 11.02 W x 0.51 H inches
13.5 inches of HD display screen assures you clear display
It is compatible with Windows system 10/8/7(32/64bit), Mac OS X version 10.10 or later
USB and HDMI
- XP-PEN Artist15.6Pro drawing tablet is adopting full-laminated technology, seamlessly combines the...
- Artist 15.6 Pro drawing tablet supports 60 degrees of tilt function, allowing it to easily and...
- The innovative Red Dial interface breaks through the traditional pen display design for optimal...
- XP-PEN Artist 15.6 Pro features a slim 11mm profile and easily accessible brightness adjustment...
7.) Wacom Intuos Pro Best cheap tablet for Procreate
Looking for the best tablet for procreating? As an illustrator or an artist, you need to have the best digital drawing device with you as your creation is directly linked to your device.
The more versatile and amazing your gadget is, the greater will be your work performance. If you are looking for a perfect drawing partner then Wacom Intuos Pro is the best option for you. It’s an amazing device that will always cover your back.
Wacom Intuos Pro is a 6-inch drawing tablet that provides you with 5080 LPI. You get to experience highly crisp and crystal-clear content thanks to it. The Wacom Intuos Pro comes with a multi-touch gesture feature which speeds up your work.
It also offers customizable express keys, radial menus, and pen side switches. All of these works together to help the artists in creating a masterpiece. These are all time-efficient specs that are very reliable.
The most prominent feature is its exceptional performance stylus which provides extensive pressure sensitivity levels of 8192. It provides you with lag-free tracking and can provide you with an efficient tilt response.
Wacom Intuos Pro:
13.14 L x 8.54 W x 0.31 H inches
13.2 inches of HD display screen gives you clarity to see the wonders of your art. The screen is scratch-resistant and anti-glare surface.
1 A battery included
Windows and Mac
REAL WEBCAM RESOLUTION
USB and Bluetooth
- Wacom’s trusted professional Pro Pen 2 technology in a precision graphics tablet, optimized for...
- Slim tablet design in our most popular size (13.2” x 8.5”) with an active area of (8.7” x...
- The Pro Pen 2 features 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt-response and virtually lag-free...
- Speed your workflow with the multi-touch surface, programmable express keys, radial menus and pen...
8.) Wacom One (2020) Best budget tablet for procreate
For creating sketches, or cartoon animation, the best weapon is a digital drawing tablet. The versatility and functionality of the tablet play a key role in developing masterpieces. Of course, your skill matters but with that, you need to have the perfect drawing tool with you.
If you are looking for the best tablet for procreating then Wacom One (2020) is a candidate for it. The Wacom brand has launched many tablets but this is the newest launch which is guaranteed to overcome all the shortcomings in its precursors.
Wacom One (2020) is an affordable tablet that provides a 13-inch digital display screen with an anti-glare coating. The HD resolution boasted by this device provides you with crisp and vibrant visuals. It offers 72% NTSC coverage which is not much but still sufficient enough to provide you with great visuals.
It provides an 11.6 x 6.5inch drawing area which is very small. The stylus offered by this device provides 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity. It’s compatible with Mac, PC, and some smartphones. For connection, an HDMI and a USB-C port has been installed in it.
Wacom One (2020)
8.86 L x 14.05 W x 0.57 H inches
13.3 inches of HD display screen with utmost clarity and smooth view to let you see perfectly.
15.5 hours along with improved standby extending the battery life
Windows and Mac
- See your imagination come to life in full color on a 13.3” display with a natural surface friction...
- Feels like a real pen – no need for batteries, the pen feels and looks right. Plus, this one pen...
- Digital freedom – sketch or paint directly on screen, draw diagrams, annotate documents, enhance...
- Includes Creative Software: purchase & register your Wacom One and receive Bamboo Paper Pro, Clip...
Apple iPad Pro 2021 Best Ipad tablet for Procreate
Apple iPad is the Best Tablet for procreate; it falls in mobile tablets, which means unlike traditional graphics tablets, you don’t need any external PC or Laptop to draw. It uses iOS as its operating system and has all the essential features that make you choose iPad over any other graphics or laptop tablet. And by the addition of a magical keyboard and Apple’s pencil for drawing, sets the performance of this Tablet to the next level, you won’t feel the urge of getting a proper Laptop or PC.
iPad Pro has stylish Aluminum back, has dimensions of 11.04 x 8.46 x 0.25 inches, and weighs only 682g, making it the best procreate Tablet for travelers.
This Tablet is equipped with a next-level M1 Performance chip to process all heavy graphics work without any lags and has a large storage of 256GB, which can be upgraded to 1 TB. This iPad Pro has phenomenal RAM of 8 GB; This is mind-blowing; now, you can multitask while working on heavy procreates and illustrator software.
iPad Pro has a breathtaking display of 12.9 inches with a resolution of 2048 x 2732 pixels to draw the smallest details while making graphics. With Liquid Retina XDR mini-LED with promotion and peak brightness of 1600 nits, its display offers vibrant colors to allow you on fine details of color contrast.
For connectivity, iPad Pro has USB-C Thunderbolt that allows fast data transfer, wireless connectivity, Bluetooth 5, Wifi 6, and the latest 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks.
For Video meetings, it has a 12 MP front camera and two cameras at the rear side, 12MP and 10 MP.
- Apple M1 chip for next-level performance
- Brilliant 12.9-inch Liquid Retina XDR display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- TrueDepth camera system featuring Ultra Wide camera with Center Stage
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner for immersive AR
Microsoft Surface Pro & lies under the umbrella of laptop tablets under 1000 that means it is self-sufficient to work on procreate and does not require any additional device. It comes with a built-in stylus and has keyboard support so that you can also use it as a laptop.
Surface Pro 7 is an ultra-slim, lightweight Tablet with dimensions of 11.5 x 7.9 x 0.33 inches and weighs only 1.70 pounds. It comes with a built-in kickstand that transforms the tablet into a laptop when needed.
It has a powerful Intel Core i5 processor and Intel Iris Plus Graphics with 8GB RAM to handle heavy graphics tasks and has storage of 256GB SSD storage so that you can keep your data safe can work on it from anywhere without any lag.
Getting to its display, Surface Pro has 12.3 inches multitouch screen with a resolution of 2736×1824 fair enough to use procreate apps and work on fine details of graphics.
The best thing about this Tablet is its connectivity options; it has ample connectivity ports. It has 1 USB-A, 1 USB-C, and 1 Surface Connect port; It also has a Micro SD Card reader to increase your storage.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch,...
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in...
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations...
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just...
Types of Tablets (What Cater to your needs?)
Three types of Tablets fit best for procreate. These are:
- Graphics Tablet
- Mobile Tablet
- Tablet PC
Graphics Tablet looks like a Blackboard with a stylus; it requires an additional Laptop or PC to draw graphics. It does not have any storage or dedicated processor as no processing work is required. It hardly has few buttons to zoom in or zoom out graphics and few ports for connectivity. This sort of Tablet is mainly used by full-time designers who work in office space. The following mentioned Tablets belong to this category:
- Wacom DTK2200 Cintiq 22
- XP-PEN Artist
- Wacom Intuos Pro
These are 9-12 inches touch mini-computers; these mostly come with a built-in Stylus or compatible with Stylus. These tablets don’t require any additional device to work; they have all features like processor, RAM, and storage. These tablets mainly use Android or iOS as an operating system; they are easy to carry anywhere and work while traveling. Following tablets come in this category:
- Apple iPad Pro
- Samsung-Galaxy- Tab-S3
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
These are mainly laptops that can be used as Tablets because of their 2-in-1 compatibility and can be proved the best Tablet for procreate. They have powerful processors and great storage and RAM; they are perfect for heavy graphics work and are the choice of professional designers who don’t want to acquire a whole table for their work or want the freedom to work at any posture. The following mentioned lie under this category:
- Microsoft Surface Book
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Detailed Buying Guide for Best Tablet for Procreate
When the point is about designing or illustration, surely you need something that is potential enough to cope up with your demands. There are a great amount of procreate tablets available in the market. However, this makes it difficult for you to choose the one perfect for you.
In this regard, here is our detailed buying guide for the best tablet for procreate. This can help you choose the one following the features you need.
The active area is the point where your pen reacts and draws. There is also a bezel or the plastic edge that is in between the screen and the casing of the active area. It is not important to have a relatively large active area to work on, but it also depends on its interface. But also note that the active area should be large enough to let you draw in your style.
Most of the tablets have labeled active areas. But still, it is crucial to check on the screen size. You need to assure for “active area” as a specific term and then check on the specs. It is essential because it would disappoint you to buy a tablet that does not have enough space to support your working style.
If you are the one who needed to make exceptionally high-resolution pictures alongside sharp graphics, then you need a tablet with a relatively high LPI. Lines Per Inch (LPI) is something similar to HD and 4K. A higher LPI device assures you to give the clearest picture you want. The resolution depends on how many in-depth drawings a person makes to buy the tablet accordingly. For this, checking LPI is important, and it should be high for the sake of a clear picture.
A scroller is a great option that enables you to maneuver from one to another, super swiftly. The scroll wheel is it’s another name. Most of the tablets come with an in-built scroll wheel. This is not essentially required. However, it is nice to work with more features and benefits.
Stylus gets extra importance when the point is about illustration or design. There are several kinds of styluses, including a battery-operated stylus and an electromagnetic resonance (EMR) stylus. Both are wholly designed to draw and make it an incredible experience than a normal pencil or pen. These both are totally different from each other but serve the same purpose.
A battery-operated stylus is quite thick because it contains a battery within it as its power source. Also, it contains the finer point, and you use it for pen-to-tablet drawing. In contrast, the EMR stylus has low energy levels based on the circuit of the pen and directly works on the pen’s active area. It is thinner in design but has thicker points.
We all know that tablets are evolving like the world is. So this makes it usual for tablets to contain hotkeys or shortcut keys built into them. It is a great help to save time and give a boost to your work process. This takes you away from spending time to find out your most used application. Hotkeys enable you to customize your most-used apps into your shortcuts to access them quickly. Moreover, there are some tablets that pull your most-used apps automatically into hotkeys to make it easier for you.
However, if your budget is low, this is not something crucial to focus on other aspects, leaving it behind.
Whenever you get a drawing tablet, it is following your particular skill set. The point of focus is the sensitivity of your tablet. In accordance with your certain drawing or designing style, you need to get an ultra-sensitive and responsive drawing device. For sure, pressure sensitivity is another important aspect.
Actually, it is relating to hardware and needs a significant focus. Your pressure level begins from 300 and reaches approximately 3,000. So that’s clear that the higher the pressure, the better the tablet responds to you. Most of the tablets get settled in the range of 1024 level, and it is the best consideration for designing and illustration.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What tablets can run Procreate?
- Apple iPad Mini, Google Pixel C tablet, and Microsoft Surface Pro all allow you to run Procreate. What tablets can’t run Procreate? Android Tablets that are not compatible with iOS (Apple) software may have difficulty running this app.
Is it worth buying an iPad for Procreate?
- If you want to use Procreate on the go, an iPad is a good investment.The only downside for this device being used as a sketch tablet is that it can be slow when using brushes and other tools.
Is tablet fine for using procreate?
- Yes, the tablet is excellent to use procreate. In fact, you don’t need something top-notch like an iPad to create your designs and drawing. Simply using android is also fine. However, just make sure to get the one that is potential for your work.
How many GBs are needed for procreate?
- If you don’t want to use many games, high-resolution images, textures, and such other features, then 32 GBs are enough. However, if you are going to use each of the specific features, then make sure to get 128 GBs.
Can I use my drawing tablet without a computer?
- Yes, for sure, you can use a drawing tablet without any additional tool or computer. Simply work with your pen or direct fingers on the tablet and begin your art and designing.
What is the best android tablet for drawing and procreate?
- For the past several years, Wacom has been the common choice for drawing tablets. It is still a great consideration to use procreate and do designing in it.
Is the stylus important to use for by procreate tablets?
- No, using a stylus is not important if you have a good screen display tablet as it would have enough space for your fingers to move around. However, the stylus is only a facility that makes your work smoother and convenient.
Digital art is something that is evolving on a daily basis, and new people are getting into it. If you are also a part of this, then make sure to have the right tools. Procreate is a great software that serves the purpose of digital art. And for this, you need to have a quality graphics tablet or another device. Tablets are the most convenient option.
This is our detailed buying guide with some best tablets for procreating reviewed. This can help you choose the one best for you.
If it helped you, then let us know below in the comment section. Happy Drawing!
Related: Best Tablets For Procreate
Related: Best Budget Tablets For Gaming
Related: Best Tablets For Cricut Design Space
Related: Which ipad is best for Procreate
Last update on 2022-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API