The Best Rugged External Hard drive has to be large enough to store all your information and data. You must get an option that is shock resistant, damage resistant and waterproof. These are just some of the features of the top rugged external hard drive options. To find out what else top brands are offering, read below.
The Top Pick of the range of the best rugged external hard drive for mac. It also works for a lot of other devices. The LaCie Rugged Mini 4 TB hard drive is shock, stain, and dust resistant choice. It is long-lasting as safe.
Best Rugged External Hard Drive
Let’s take a look at all the best rugged external hard drives
The LaCie Rugged Mini 4 TB comes with a simple connectivity option. You can connect this in a USB 3.0 port as well as a USB 2.0. It allows a rugged usage without any damage to the body. The device will keep all your data safe and sound.
- Drop-Resistant and Shock-Resistant
- Dust-Resistant and Rain-Resistant
- Mac and Windows Connectivity
- Shock, drops up to 4 feet, dust and water resistant for all-terrain use
- For Mac compatibility this Hard Drive requires reformatting. Refer to Application Guide for more...
- Password protection built in. Maximum speed is 130 mb per second
- Uses USB 3.0 which is up to 4 times faster than USB 2.0 (USB 2.0 compatible)
The Adata HD710 1 TB Hard Drive is also a very competitive choice. It comes with a waterproof body. This is also suitable for use in all kinds of environments. The drive has a Ruggedized External body and you can store items of upto 1 TB.
- 1 TB storage
- USB 3.1 Port
- USB 3.1 Interface that works with PC, Mac, Linux
- IP68 Waterproof, tested for 60 minutes in 2 meter of water
- IP68 Military-Grade Shockproof MIL-STD-810G 516.6
- IP6X Dustproof
The SanDisk Extreme 900 is a portable and highly durable choice as well. It comes with a usable storage capacity of 960 GB SSD.
- Weight: 0.46 lbs
- USB 3.1 connectivity
- 960 GB
- External Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity: 960GB Portable, External Solid State Drive.
- Sequential Read (up to): 850 MB/s.
- Sequential Write (up to): 850 MB/s.
- Interface: USB 3.1.
The G-Technology 1 TB Armour ATD is an all-terrain rugged hard drive. This can be connected using a USB port type C. You can also connect this via USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt. It can be resistant to shock through three layers of coating. You can get this model in 4 TB capacities as well.
- Triple-layer shock resistance
- Rain-and dust-resistant (IP54) enclosure
- 1000lb crush rating
- Triple-layer shock resistance for added durability
- Rain-and dust-resistant (IP54) enclosure with a 1000lb crush rating
- With capacities up to 5TB of storage for your photos and footage
- USB-C ready; USB-3.0 and Thunderbolt 3 compatible
Last update on 2023-01-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API