The Ryzen 9 3900X is the penultimate 3rd gen Ryzen CPU from AMD and if you are going to upgrade your PC by using the Ryzen 9 3900x processor, there is a huge selection of motherboard that will increase the high performance of the processor. In this article, we are going to cover in detail the 6 best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x in 2021 with a wide range of different options such as mini-ITX and micro-ATX motherboards for the 3900X along with a buying guide so you can choose the best according to your need.
If you are in a hurry and don’t have enough time to read the whole article here is our top pick for you.
Gigabyte X570 Aorus It is one of the best motherboards for the Ryzen 9 3900x processor which comes with a variety of features with an amazing design to give you a great experience. It is also a pocket-friendly motherboard that is used as a tool to enhance the performance of Ryzen 9 3900x.
- 1 Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 3900x 2021
- 1.1 1.) Gigabyte X570 Aorus:
- 1.2 2.) MSI MEG X570 ACE:
- 1.3 3.) Asus X570 ROG:
- 1.4 4.) Asus ROG Strix:
- 1.5 5.) GIGABYTE Z490:
- 1.6 6.) GIGABYTE Z490 PRO AX:
- 1.7 Buying Guide:
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- 1.8.1 What motherboard goes with Ryzen 9 3900x?
- 1.8.2 What are the best x570 motherboards?
- 1.8.3 Do I need x570 for 3900x?
- 1.8.4 Is the 3900x good for gaming?
- 1.8.5 Is Ryzen 9 3900x overkill?
- 1.8.6 Is 3900x better than 9900k?
- 1.8.7 Should I buy 3900x or 3950x?
- 1.8.8 Should I buy Ryzen 9 3900x?
- 1.8.9 Should I get 3900x or 3950x?
Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 3900x 2021
Here is our comparison table along with features of all products.
The Gigabyte X570 is one of the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x that was launched in 2019 and comes with sharing VRM with the lower-end board and fast Ethernet plus additional storage slots from the higher-end model.
- The Gigabyte X570 features three full-length PCIe 4.0 slots to run at x16, x8/x8, and x8/x8/x4 that helps it to support two-way NVIDIA SLI. These PICe also support up to three-way AMD CrossFire multi-graphics card configurations which aim to improve performance by speeding up the rendering of 3D graphics.
- It offers four RAM slots that have support for DDR4-4400 and with a maximum capacity of up to 128 GB to increase the performance of ryzen 9 3900x. It also has two PCIe 4.0 x1 slots and it has two USB 3.1 G2 Type-A, one USB 3.1 G2 Type-C, three USB 3.1 G1 Type-A, and four USB 2.0 ports on its rear panel.
- It also features three PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 slots, each comes with its heatsink Thi board also has a set of antenna ports for the Intel AX200 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless interface are also available. It also offers five 3.5 mm audio jacks and S/PDIF optical output that are controlled by a Realtek ALC1220-VB HD audio codec.
- It has a single Ethernet port that is controlled by an Intel I211-AT Gigabit NIC, this port is used to connect wired network hardware in an Ethernet LAN, metropolitan area network, or wide area network.
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with...
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 phases Infineon digital VRM solution with 50A power stage
- Advanced thermal design - Fins-array heatsink & direct touch heat pipe
The MSI is one of the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x that comes loaded with features for the enthusiast gamer who demands more from their system. It comes with mystic Light Infinity that helps you to set up your color scheme by combining exclusive mirror reflection to have better results.
- The huge portion of the board is covered with extensive heat sinks that have a unique color theme of dark grey and copper to give a stylish look. It features ACE lands with three PCI-E 4.0 x4 to enable M.2 slots That allow you the installation of rapid storage. It features a heat pipe that connects the chipset and VRM heatsinks, so the chipset fan can stay powered down for as much as it is possible.
- It comes with PCIe 4.0, triple lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 shield froze, store, AMD turbo USB 3.2 Gen2 that give you fast gaming experience. It also features a trio full length PCI-E x16 slots with a duo of x1 slots that allow you to add-in cards and multiple GPUs.
- It comes with an onboard 2.5G plus Gigabit LAN with gaming LAN manager to combine the latest Wi-Fi 6 solution that supports MU-MIMO and BSS color technology which delivers the best online gaming.
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- On-board 2.5G LAN and Gigabit LAN with gaming LAN manager, and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax). Operating System...
- Triple Lightning Gen 4 M.2 slots capable of unidirectional transfer speeds up to 64 GB/s
- Audio Boost HD technology with isolated circuitry, dedicated audio processor, and ESS DAC with...
3.) Asus X570 ROG:
Asus X570 is also one of the best motherboards for ryzen 9 3900x that comes with all appealing features that gamers need for a high gaming experience. It features DDR4 A-XMP functions, and PCIe 4.0 PCI slots and multiple PCIe 4.0 connected M.2. slots, with a massive heatsink to make ryzen 9 3900x’s performance better.
- It comes with RGB lighting effects to adjust the brightness of each LED and with ASUS AURA SYNC to enable products from a single application to achieve perfect, synchronized lighting harmony. It features dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 Slot support up to 22110 with NVMe SSD RAID support which is designed to give you very high performance.
- It comes with 3 heat sinks for maximum performance, the 1st one is the VRM heatsink helps to keep the motherboard cool because it takes heat away from the VRMs. The second heat sink is the M.2 heatsink that helps to keep your SSD cool. The 3rd one is the ACTIVE PCH that has a dedicated fan to efficiently combat temperature-induced throttling and it can slow the performance during the transfer.
- It comes with a Realtek 2.5G LAN that has a huge speed boost for local networking. This motherboard gives you M.2 storage solutions, it comes with a dual PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot that supports up to two PCIe 4.0 storage devices that helps you to transfer your data rapidly with high speed.
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Next-gen gaming connectivity: features PCIe 4. 0, HDMI 2. 0, DisplayPort 1. 4, Dual M. 2, USB 3. 2...
- Fastest gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet With Asus LANGuard, Wi-Fi 6 (802. 11Ax) with...
- Optimal power solution: 8+2 power stages with a ProCool II power connector, alloy Chokes and durable...
4.) Asus ROG Strix:
The Asus ROG Strix is one of the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 3900x that comes with X570-F Gaming including two PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots, eight SATA ports, and an HDMI 2.0b video output on the rear panel to give you excellent performance.
- It comes with high fidelity audio with SupremeFX S1220A with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III to provide you with high-fidelity sound. It offers Automated system-wide tuning to provide you 5-way optimization. It has an I/O shield pre-mounted that allows you easy installation and there’s also a BIOS Flashback feature to give you friendlier building experience.
- It comes with three full-length PCIe 4.0 ports which are configured to run at x16, x8/x8, and x8/x8/x4 that helps you to run up to two ways NVIDIA SLI and three-way AMD CrossFire multi-graphics card setups to have a better experience. It offers four RAM slots for a total of up to 128 GB of DDR4, If you are going to use all four slots on the motherboard then make sure you are using the same type of RAM for all the slots to get the best performance out
- It also has addressable RGB headers using Asus’ Aura Sync RGB lighting technology to provide you much better flexibility with regards to lighting options. It comes with 12+2 power stages with a ProCool II power connector to give you optimal power solution. It features Aura Sync RGB to give you a nearly endless spectrum of colors, patterns, and even the ability to link lighting to music, in-game action, or CPU/GPU temperatures.
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 &...
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem...
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum...
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally...
5.) GIGABYTE Z490:
The GIGABYTE Z490 is also one of the best motherboards for ryzen 9 3900x that comes with incredible features including Intel 2.5 G Ethernet controller, Inte’s AX201 Wi-Fi 6 wireless interface, three PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots, and three full-length PCIe 3.0 lanes with support for up to two-way NVIDIA SLI and three-way AMD Crossfire.
- It comes with an amazing combination of a black and grey color theme that looks very attractive. It features three full-length PCIe 3.0 slots to operate at x16, x8/x8, and x8/x8/+4, with three PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 slots, and six SATA ports that enable mass storage devices, such as hard drives and optical drives, to communicate with the motherboard using a high-speed serial cable over two pairs of conductors.
- It features a built-in 2.5 GbE fast-speed internet and Intel WiFi 6 802.11ax wireless that is best for both wireless and internet. It comes with one USB 3.2 G2 20 Gbps Type-C, three USB 3.2 G2 10 Gbps Type-A, two USB 3.2 G1 Type-A, and four USB 2.0 ports on the rear panel that helps in fast data transfer. It features 3x M.2 AORUS Next Generation Thermal Guard that ensures the unthrottled performance.
- It also features AMP UP Audio ALC1220-VB AUDIO DAC that delivers crystal clear sound for your gaming. It has RGB LEDs in the rear panel cover that allow you to customize its color state. It comes with four slots capable of running up to 128 GB of DDR4-4800 that improve memory support. It features Next Generations VRM cooling fins array with direct touch heat pipe with nanocarbon coating that helps to keep the motherboard cool because it takes heat away from the VRMs.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Direct 12 Phases Digital VRM with 50A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Micro-Block Surface Heatsink and Next Generation Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
The last product in our list is GIGABYTE Z490 PRO AX that comes with plenary of features including Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs, WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT5 with AORUS Antenna, cooling fins array and direct touch heat pipe to give you best experience.
- It features AMP UP Audio ALC1220-VB AUDIO DAC that offers a better audio experience. It comes with Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4 and 4 DIMMs that can be installed across four memory slots to deliver high performance. This motherboard supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It features double-sided thermal guards that help in quickly dissipating heat from the M.2 solid-state drives for smooth speed.
- It offers fast network connections with Intel WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5 2×2 with AORUS Antenna that helps to keep the speed up and allow you to transfer data at up to 2.4 Gb/s with compatible devices. It comes with USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports that helps you to transfer data quickly. It offers 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet ports that provide a fast network connection with high-speed data transfers. It comes with a shielded memory design that helps to minimize the noise and electrical interference and give you better performance.
- It features RGB Fusion 2.0 that allows you to customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips. It comes with Gigabyte Fins-Array II heatsink, extra-large Heatpipe, and thick thermal pad to keep the temperatures cool of this system. This motherboard is compatible with Windows 10 64-bit that allows you to experience all amazing features.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Direct 12 Phases Digital VRM with 50A Smart Power Stage with Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
- Next Generations VRM Cooling Fins Array and Direct Touch Heatpipe
- Shielded Xtreme Memory Design with Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
Before buying a motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x here are some aspects you should consider.
The motherboards are available in three different sizes. The first one is the ATX is the standard size which provides you a large space for slots and plugs, the second one is the Micro-ATX which provides less space for expansion slots and the third one is the Mini-ITX ehic is best for a tiny PC.
Number of Ports:
Before buying the motherboard check the unit’s I/O area and USB headers to see whether it offers the external connection options according to your need. These will help you to add more ports through a front-panel connection on the PC case, or expansion slot brackets in the back. So choose wisely.
Several RAM Ports:
Most computer motherboards have two, three, or four memory slots. Some higher-end motherboards have as many as eight. These number of slots limit the amount of RAM users can install so choose the best model according to your needs to have the best experience.
Heat Sinks :
Before buying a motherboard check the heat sink option, usually, heat sinks are outfitted with built-in fans to help keep both the CPU and the heat sink at an appropriate temperature. A heat sink is usually made out of aluminum or copper.
Prince is also an important factor you need to consider before having the best motherboard, you need to set your budget then find the best one according to your budget and need a premium quality motherboard with appealing features doesn’t need to be expensive you can also find the best quality motherboard with amazing features at affordable price. So choose the best one according to your need and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What motherboard goes with Ryzen 9 3900x?
The ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi is the best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x that comes with a mammoth VRM heatsink and active cooling chipset heatsink, featuring dual M.2. with the PCIe 4.0 standard, as well as 3 full-length PCIe 4.0 slots.
What are the best x570 motherboards?
The Asus X570 ROG is the best x570 motherboard that comes with premium quality features including on-board Wi-Fi to support the new standard in wireless networking and its LAN ports which is protected by ASUS LANGuard.
Do I need x570 for 3900x?
It’s not necessary to use x570 for 3900x but if you don’t want to use older chipsets then you can use x570 for 3900x that come with additional benefits including PCIe 4.0 support and Wi-Fi 6. This ASUS board has Gen 4 M.
Is the 3900x good for gaming?
Yes, the 3900x is good for gaming because modern games need more cores to run and it also has a great per-core performance which is something AMD has struggled with in the past. It comes with a number of cores and threads, with the latter CPU coming with 12 core and 24 threads, all in a 105W TDP processor to give you an excellent gaming experience.
Is Ryzen 9 3900x overkill?
Yes, Ryzen 9 3900x is overkill for purely gaming and you’re not going to see any real difference between Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 9 in terms of gaming performance. Moreover, having the extra cores can prove useful when you throw streaming, video encoding, into the mix, especially if you play games that are capable of fully utilizing 6+ cores.
Is 3900x better than 9900k?
The 3900X has more cores and threads than 9900k and its Intel’s chip has the stronger clock speed, especially when it comes to single-threaded workloads. It also has seen a major increase in instructions per clock over its second-generation predecessors, so it’s more powerful than the 9900K.
Should I buy 3900x or 3950x?
The 3950X is the better of the two chips but the 3900X is a great value for the money. The 3950X gives you a couple of extra frames per second when gaming, and reduces run times of certain productivity tasks between 10 and 30 percent, depending on how heavily multithreaded the application is but the 3900X is cheaper then 3950x.
Should I buy Ryzen 9 3900x?
Yes, because It gives you outstanding performance no matter what you are doing, If you want to play games, do some video editing, or simply want to run some benchmarks the Ryzen 9 3900X is an excellent processor which offers great value for the price and can even outperform an Intel Core i9-9900K in certain scenarios.
Should I get 3900x or 3950x?
These both are both extremely powerful, high-end CPUs.But if you are on a low budget then you should buy 3900x but if you are looking for a couple of extra frames per second when gaming, and reduces run times of certain productivity tasks between 10 and 30 percent then 3950 is the best option for you.
Last update on 2021-06-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API