Searching for the Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600? You’ve come to the right place.
Gaming is one of the main reasons most people opt for mid-to-high-end graphics cards and processors, but what if you didn’t have a proper platform to support the power it offers? So it is important to do your research and not end up wasting your money.
To help you save time and get the best motherboard in a few minutes, we’ve put together a list of the best and best motherboards suitable for Ryzen 5 2600 and 2600X.
Each of our reviewed products is rated due to its performance, price, amazing features, and updates over time.
So take a quick look and choose one – meet your requirements.
If you are still confused, our best selection will help you, which is selected by our experts:
There is no doubt there are several motherboards available to you for this purpose. But the most difficult part is selecting the right one that matches.
So, our top recommended motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600/2600X builds in 2020, is MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS this board supports fast networking, armored PCIe slots, and MSI’s RGB lighting system. Not bad for the price. This is a reliable secondary option, supporting up to 128GB RAM, the latest Ryzen processors, and coming with the range-topping X570 chipset.
- 1 Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600
- 1.1 1.) ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4
- 1.2 2.) MSI Arsenal GAMING AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen – (B450 TOMAHAWK)
- 1.3 3.) MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen – (B450M Bazooka)
- 1.4 4.) MSI Performance GAMING AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation
- 1.5 5.) GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M
- 1.6 6.) Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4
- 1.7 Buying Guide:
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- 1.8.1 Which motherboard works with Ryzen 5 2600?
- 1.8.2 Which motherboard is better for Ryzen?
- 1.8.3 What motherboard should I get for Ryzen 5 3600? Is x570 overdone for 3600?
- 1.8.4 Is x470 better than b450? Which motherboard is better for Ryzen 5 3600?
- 1.8.5 Is x570 worth it over x470? Is the 3600x worth it?
- 1.8.6 Last Lines:
Best Motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600
Because a good motherboard will make your task stress free. And save you time
It is well designed, works well, and has a good design, particularly the 2 M.2 slots are located away from the heating elements. Overclocking also works very well.
The cheapest B450 motherboard for the Ryzen 5 2600 is the ASRock B450M-HDV, but we recommend an additional couple of dollars for the ASRock B450M Pro4.
- One of my only complaints about the B450M-Pro4 is that the M.2 and SATA slots share PCIe lanes, other than that it’s really hard to fault this board for the price. You’ll be able to overclock the Ryzen 5 2600 on this motherboard, but only up to a point.
- ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 has decent build quality, delivers stable power to components, and has VRM heatsinks, not found in cheaper models. It also supports RGB lighting to customize your gaming build.
- The B450M Pro4 offers a very decent quality motherboard at an equally decent price.
- Socket AM4 Digi Power design 9 Power Phase design Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge)...
- Chipset AMD Promontory B450
- Memory 4x DDR4-3200+(OC)/2933/2667/2400/2133 DIMM Slots Dual Channel ECC Non-ECC Unbuffered Max...
- Slots 2x PCI-Express 3 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8) 2x PCI-Express 2 0 x16 Slots (two run at x4) 1x...
2.) MSI Arsenal GAMING AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen – (B450 TOMAHAWK)
The big brother of the B450 mortar: The B450 Tomahawk has best-in-class VRM cooling and quality, using OnsSemi designer MOSFETs.
- The VRM cooling is so good that it’s even possible to overclock the Ryzen 7 2700X on this motherboard, so overclocking the Ryzen 5 2600 with the MSI B450 Tomahawk will be a breeze.
- It supports a maximum of 128 GB of memory (up to 3466 (OC) MHz), it has 1 M.2 slot and 6 SATA slots. The overall performance of this mobo is excellent when paired with a good GPU and offers good value and a solid foundation for future updates.
- In terms of features, this AM4 motherboard has a lot to offer, including built-in RGB lighting, USB flashback capability, USB Type-C, debug LEDs, and more, all at a very conservative price.
- The MSI B450 Tomahawk is a very good (also attractive) full motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600 with “Just Enough” features. It comes in an ATX form factor, has an AM4 socket, and 4 DDR4 DIMM slots.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 64gb dual channel ddr4 memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by jedec, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/...
- Supports 2 way amd crossfire technology
- In game weapons: Game boost, gaming hotkey, x boost; Ez debug led: Easiest way to troubleshoot
3.) MSI Arsenal Gaming AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Gen – (B450M Bazooka)
If you are creating a system that shows the best performance characteristics of this processor, you must accompany it with an equally good motherboard.
So MSI Arsenal Gaming is the best and only motherboard for this purpose.
- The MSI B450M Mortar is another competitor with AM4 socket and comes in the Micro ATX form factor. It is quite similar to the MSI B450 Tomahawk in terms of specs as it also supports a maximum of 128GB of memory and has 4 DDR4 DIMM slots, up to 3466 (OC) MHz. Unlike MSI B450 Tomahawk, it has 2 M.2, 4 SATA slots, 3 USB 3.1, 6 USB 2.0 ports, and 5 audio ports. It also has RGB lighting functionality to customize your gaming build.
- It has the superior VRM with a 4-phase VRM design, consisting of high-side FET SM4337, low-side FET SM4503, and a capable heat sink for VRM and VCore.
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with...
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even...
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
We had a hard time deciding on the best mITX motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600 as there were a few similar competitors including ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX / ac and MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC.
- Finally, we decided that the MSI B450I Gaming Plus AC is our recommended mITX motherboard, as it offers a decent VRM 6 + 2 VRM phase design, compared to ASRock duplicate phases.
- It has great customization potential due to the 2 5050 RGB LED strip headers.
- This means that MSI offers superior power delivery, even on par with most high-end X470 chipset motherboards, which is a testament to the VRM quality of MSI’s motherboard.
- It supports AMD Crossfire and Steel Armor PCI-E slots. If you want to have one of the best online gaming experiences, this motherboard will support you with good bandwidth management and lowest latency.
- It has 1 M.2 port, 4 SATA, 6 USB 3.1 ports and 4 USB 2.0 ports. It has 3 rear audio ports with Realtek® ALC887 codec.
- Support AMD Ryzen 1st and 2nd Generation / Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4
- Supports 32gb dual channel ddr4 memory 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667 MHz by jedec, and 2667/ 2800/ 2933/...
- VR ready: Automatically optimizes your system for VR usage, pushing for maximum performance
- In game weapons: Game boost, gaming hotkey, x boost
This B450 AORUS M deserves a place on this list due to its high-performance features. When it comes to performance and affordability, it’s the board for the Ryzen 5 2600 right now.
- It is equipped with an impressive VRM with 8 by 3 power phases using duplicators to improve performance. This motherboard is powerful enough to handle Ryzen 5 2600X or Ryzen 5 2600 processors.
- It is equipped with a strong VRM that supports 8 + 3 power levels
- However, it also comes with some decent options, like some RGB headers, 4 DIMM slots, 4 SATA ports, and 16 graphics card slots. You may not be able to enjoy the USB 3.1 C function in this case because there is no port for such a connection here. This is an optional slot that many can follow without it.
- In addition to this, the B450 AORUS M allows you to overclock processors without causing issues like overheating and more to the system.
- It can also allow you to easily overclock processors without fear of overheating or other issues. That’s what’s so special about the motherboard.
- Supports AMD 1st & 2nd Generation Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- PCIe Gen3 M.2 NVMe with thermal guard. Operating system - Support for Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 7...
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
The ASUS PRIME X570-PRO is a simple, concise and attractive motherboard. At first, you would think that it lacks features for its price, but that is not the case, we can say that ASUS thought a lot about the PRIME X570-PRO. This mobo comes in the ATX format and has an AM4 socket.
- It also comes with innovative cooling options to keep your processor at the required temperature while playing your favorite games.
- The memory overclocking on this motherboard is unparalleled.
- For users who want to customize their builds, it also includes two 5050 12v LED headers for RGB lighting.
- There is no WIFI, which is a disadvantage considering the price of this mobo.
- It has 4 DDR4 slots and supports a maximum of 128GB with support for DDR4-3600 (OC) for the Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
- And if you’re concerned about overclocking features, this motherboard has allayed such concerns. It is well designed with trace and path routing to improve memory overclocking.
- So if you plan to go with a good processor, you will want a good motherboard with the latest technology. ASUS STRIX is a representation of the new X570 chipset and contains the same features.
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or...
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory...
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen...
There should be some important features to consider before making a purchase:
Our experts after immense research had shown some essential characteristics to consider before making a decision:
When building your gaming PC, selecting a motherboard is a critical decision. It houses the most important parts of your PC, like the graphics card, the CPU, and all the other components that your computer needs to function.
If your motherboard dies, your PC will be out of service until it is repaired or replaced.
A “good motherboard” can mean something different for every build.
When selecting a motherboard for the Ryzen 5 2600, the two most important things to consider are your budget and your needs.
The motherboard you choose must have a compatible processor socket for your processor. The best motherboard for Ryzen 5 2600 must have an AM4 socket to be compatible with Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
The form factor of a motherboard determines whether a motherboard fits a particular case. You should choose a motherboard according to the form factor of your current case.
Memory Type and Amount:
Different motherboards support different types of memory and have different memory limits. Choose a motherboard that suits your needs.
More elaborations are here:
For example, if you are doing a budget build like our 600 $ PC Build, it makes a lot more sense to buy a cheaper motherboard and then uses the money you saved for something more important like your graphics card.
However, if your budget allows you to spend some extra money, your motherboard can help increase the look, performance, and overall quality of your build.
The cheaper motherboards lack some of the bells and whistles that the more expensive motherboards have. Here are some key things to look for on a good motherboard:
- Wifi on board (you can save some money on a wireless card)
- Lots of USB ports on the back (especially 3.0 and 3.1!)
- RGB lighting (guaranteed to increase performance by 1000%)
- 4 or even 8 DIMM slots for increased RAM capacity
- Quality heatsinks on VRMs to keep them cool (like this one)
- Incredibly fast M.2 PCI-E SSD slots
- Please note that world-class motherboards come with cool bonuses like stickers and coasters
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
This list also has answers to the most common issues which occurred during the selection or before the selection:
Which motherboard works with Ryzen 5 2600?
Ryzen 5 2600 remains one of the most popular mid-range processors for gaming. If you are creating a system that shows the best performance characteristics of this processor, you must accompany it with an equally good motherboard.
The Gigabyte motherboard needs no introduction in the world of computer hardware.
This motherboard is powerful enough to handle Ryzen 5 2600X or Ryzen 5 2600 processors. It can also let you easily overclock processors without fear of overheating or other issues.
Which motherboard is better for Ryzen?
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen is more affordable than our other two options because it comes with fewer advanced features. What you get is an inexpensive board with everything you need to get the system up and running. Just don’t expect a heavy overclocking or push the system beyond its limits and enjoy a stable experience.
The MSI X570 GAMING PLUS is a reliable secondary option, supporting up to 128GB of RAM, the latest Ryzen processors, and comes with the high-end X570 chipset.
This board supports fast networking, shielded PCIe slots, and MSI’s RGB lighting system. Not bad for the price.
What motherboard should I get for Ryzen 5 3600? Is x570 overdone for 3600?
The X570 is designed for 3600, but I keep hearing that they are excessive. Realistically, that’s the only real reason to pick an X570 over others. If you are planning on getting an SSD or a network adapter that can take advantage of PCIe 4.0, then it is worth the purchase.
PCIe 4, if you’re rich enough to justify spending extra on PCIe 4 SSD rather than something else. Out of the box compatibility with 3rd gen, overkill power delivery.
So expensive, they only make sense because they have these characteristics. Otherwise, they are defeated by X470, even B450.
Is x470 better than b450? Which motherboard is better for Ryzen 5 3600?
Generally speaking, the B450 motherboard is currently suitable for Ryzen 5 3600.
In terms of Ryzen 3600 specs and usage, there is no difference between b550 and b450.
AMD’s Ryzen 5 3600 is currently one of the best value processors for gaming and productivity, so the best processor is a must.
Even though the B450 is cheap, it has a very powerful VRM that will allow you to effectively overclock the Ryzen 5 3600 to get a good boost in performance. Since this is a Micro-ATX motherboard, you can place it on any micro-ATX tower or central tower that takes up less space on your table.
Is x570 worth it over x470? Is the 3600x worth it?
Yes, the X570 motherboards bring some considerable improvements over the X470.
X570 boards are a great choice for enthusiasts who want multiple GPU support, overclocking, and the latest technology.
Even the VRMs on the X570 motherboards provide additional headroom (sometimes much more headroom than the CPU expects) that can be used to deliver more power to the socket, which should allow the CPU to run at higher clocks for longer, which results in better performance instead of X470.
However, AMD claims that users will experience the same performance with an X470 and B450 motherboard as with an X570.
The 6 best & amazing motherboards in this article are made entirely for your help. Choose the one; satisfy your need.
We agree that it can be difficult to decide on our top five white motherboards as they are all equally impressive. But, you can make the right decision based on your budget.
We’ve done this work for your convenience, although we knew that a white motherboard is an essential thing for you. This article will surely help you out to consider the best one, just focus on the basic needs you want.
We bring together the best motherboards 2020 has to offer, each of which has been tested and reviewed by us, so you can find the ideal one for your setup.
Thank you for reading & considering!
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x
- Best White Motherboard
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 2600
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 2700x
- Best Motherboard For i7 9700K
- Best Motherboard For i7 8700K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 3900x
- Best Motherboard For i9 9900K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600
- Best 200mm case fan
Last update on 2021-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API