The i9-9900K processor is designed for the most extreme builds in 2020 to give you the best performance in gaming and threaded applications. Many motherboards in the market are compatible with the i9 9900K and give you the best performance. All motherboards come with unique and different features to give the best performance. The best mother will take your gaming to the next level and keep your PC cool.
There is a huge selection of motherboards in the market that come with different features and give you different performance. It’s very difficult to scroll all around and spend your time selecting the best one according to your needs. This article is the best solution for you. In this article, you will find high-quality motherboards that will help you build your dream desktop.
If you are in a hurry and don’t have enough time to read the whole article here is our top pick for you.
GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS It is one of the best motherboards for i9 9900k among all that comes with the best cooling features to keep your PC cool when you’re playing games. It features RGB Fusion 2.0 that allows you to customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips. All in while its high-quality features give you the best performance and excellent gaming experience.
- 1 Best Motherboard For i9 9900k
- 1.1 1.) GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS:
- 1.2 2.) Asus Rog Formula:
- 1.3 3.) MSI Meg:
- 1.4 4.) Aorus Ultra:
- 1.5 5.) EVGA Dark:
- 1.6 6.) Asus Rog Maximus:
- 1.7 7.) Gigabyte Z390:
- 1.8 Buying Guide:
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- 1.9.1 What is the best RAM for i9 9900k?
- 1.9.2 What motherboards support i9?
- 1.9.3 What chipset does the i9 9900k Use?
- 1.9.4 Should I buy 9900k?
- 1.9.5 Is 3900x better than 9900k?
- 1.9.6 Should I buy 9900k or 3900x?
- 1.9.7 How much RAM do I need for i9 9900k?
- 1.9.8 Is the i9 9900k overkill?
- 1.9.9 Is i9 9900k future proof?
- 1.9.10 Conclusion:
Best Motherboard For i9 9900k
Here is the comparison table along with all features.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Direct 12 Phases Digital VRM with 50A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Optimized Surface Heatsink
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
The GiGABYTE Z490 is the best motherboard for i9 9900k Reddit that comes with impressive features that a gamer dreamed to have in their system to have bets gaming experiences. It comes with RGB FUSION 2.0 that allows you to customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips.
- It features NR in the microphone with WIMA audio capacitors to control the sound of your computer and give you a better audio experience. This motherboard supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors. It features advanced thermal guards with multi cuts heatsinks and heat pipe that help in quickly dissipating heat from the M.2 solid-state drives for smooth speed. This motherboard features 5 temperature sensors which allow you to be sure that all the other components are perfectly cooled as well.
- It offers fast network connections with onboard Intel CNVi 802.11AC 2×2 wave 2 Wifi and Bluetooth 5 that helps to keep the speed up and allows you to transfer data with compatible devices. It comes with 5 USB 3.1 ports that helps you to transfer data quickly. It comes with a shielded memory design that helps to minimize the noise and electrical interference and give you better performance. It offers 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution that helps to spread the load accurately across the entire VRM as needed which also means a much better thermal distribution.
2.) Asus Rog Formula:
- Designed for 9th, 8th generation intel core processors to maximize connectivity and speed with dual...
- Revamped 5 way optimization overclocks intelligently based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry...
- Dedicated water cooling headers and built in cross chill ek III water block allow monitoring of...
- Aura sync rgb lighting with addressable headers features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with...
The Asus Rog formula is the best motherboard for i9 9900k Reddit. It comes with the blazing-fast gaming networking with the phenomenal aquatic 5G LAN chip. It also has the Intel gigabit Ethernet and also 2×2 802.11 ac Wi-Fi which provides the great signals and speedy net. It also comes with the LGA1151 socket for the 9th/8th gen Intel Core desktop processors.
- It comes with the Rog ecosystem which includes the Asus-exclusive aura sync RGB lightning with the headers for both standards and addressable RGB strips. It also provides the smooth running to the desktop.
- It also comes with the Cross chill EK III and water cooling zone which helps your computer to cool when the action heats up due to the continuous use. It also comes with the feature of change to five-way optimization which is an automated system wide-tuning which provides the AI overclocking, and also a cooling profile tailor-made for your rig.
- It is also integrated with the gaming audio which is supremeFX and sonic studio III which provides the system high fidelity audio that helps to draw you deeper into action. It also comes with the gaming connectivity with the dual M.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 type-A and type-C connectors.
3.) MSI Meg:
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- On-board 2.5G LAN and Gigabit LAN with gaming LAN manager, and Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax). Operating System...
- Triple Lightning Gen 4 M.2 slots capable of unidirectional transfer speeds up to 64 GB/s
- Audio Boost HD technology with isolated circuitry, dedicated audio processor, and ESS DAC with...
The MSI Meg is the best motherboard for i9 9900k and rtx 2080 ti. It comes with the high-end performer loaded with connectivity. It also comes with the leading MSI to make bold decisions. It is also integrated with the graphics which helps to maximize the broad space for connectivity and CPU vrms things also have the MSI overclocking feature.
- The MSI comes with the Realtek ALC1200 HD audio codec which helps to keep things consistent in the gaming flavor. It also comes with the opted to use the killer based E2500 gigabyte gaming LAN controller. These specifications made it the best gaming motherboard.
- It comes with the inclusion of an Intel 9560 802.11ac mu-Mimo wave2 capable adaptor which provides the user both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity. It also provides great speed and signals to the system so you can easily open the browsers and many tabs without any connectivity issues.
- It also comes with the vcore which is running twelve on semiconductor high-side and low-side MOSFETs which is controlled by the international rectifier IR35201 PWM controller which is an eight-channel controller operating at six plus two.
4.) Aorus Ultra:
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12+1 Phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
The aorus ultra is the best motherboard for i9 9900k gaming. It is designed with the RGB lighting in multiple places on the board plus RGB headers. It also comes with the twelve plus one power phase design with some pretty beefy VRM cooling as well as it has the three integrated m.2 heat sinks. It also comes with the equipped support of the 9th and 8th Intel core processors.
- It comes with the RGB fusion 2.0 with the multi-zone LED light show design which supports the addressable LED and RGB LED strips. It also comes with front USB 3.1 gen 2 type-c headers. It also has the chipset of the heat sink to further expand the RGB capabilities of the board.
- It also comes with the 802.11ac Wi-Fi on top of a single LAN port so users can get the best of both of the best of both worlds when connecting to a network. It also has the gigabyte which also advertises the 13-phase VRM so there should be plenty of headroom available for users looking to overclock the new 9th generation Intel processors.
- It also has the board which also makes the use of six SATA slots with the support of raids which is zero, one, five, and ten arrays and also has Realtek audio codec.
5.) EVGA Dark:
- Intel Z390 Chipset, supports Intel Core 8th & 9th Generation Processor Family for LGA1151 Socket
- E-atx form Factor
- 2 DIMM Dual-Channel up to 32GB 4600+ MHz
- 7 USB 3. 1 Gen2 Ports (5x Type-A, 1x Type-C, 1x Type-C Header)
The EVGA dark is the best motherboard for i9 9900k overclocking. It comes with the Z390 chipset boasting a 17-phase power section to handle the power requirements of eight-core i9 9900k. It also comes with two large heat sinks and with a unique twist on VRM heat dissipation. The EVGA dark is equipped to keep that power section cool while pushing the limits. The EVGA dark supports the eighth and ninth generations of Intel processors using the LGA 1151 socket.
- It comes with the two DIMM slots which help it to optimize the traces to enable the speeds of 4600 MHz and above which pushes high-speed memory to support well above most mainstream motherboards. It also can reach these speeds which are highly dependent on the CPU IMC and memory quality.
- It also comes with the six native SATA six GB/s ports which support the raid which is zero, one, five, and ten. It also has plenty of storage. It also comes with the two additional SATA 6.0 GB/s ports from as media and a u.2 port which share bandwidth with the upper m.2 slot. Evga also has the two slots which both accept up to 110mm derives and appear to support PCIe x4 based drives only.
6.) Asus Rog Maximus:
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 10th Gen Intel Core processors
- Robust Power Solution: 14+2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes...
- Optimized Thermal Design: Except comprehensive heatsink, heatpipe and fan headers, features...
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: Dual Ethernet with 5Gb and gigabit Ethernet , LANGaurd, dual M. 2, USB...
The Asus Rog Maximus is the best motherboard for i9 9900k video editing. It also comes with the LGA 1151 socket with the Intel Z390 chipset. It is also integrated with the ATX form factor. It also has five analog and one digital out audio jacks. It also comes with the video ports which include the display port 1.2 and HDMI 1.4b port.
- It comes with the board which supports the standard 64GB of DDR4 memory and it also has the six SATA ports and two M.2 sockets. One of the M.2 sockets can use both SATA and PCI bandwidth while the other just rely on PCI speed and they both have heat sinks which help it to provide cooling to the system.
- It also comes with the three-pin fan header with the water flow header which helps it to control the pump speed in response to readings from the water flow sensor headers above it. It is also very useful for the overclocked systems that can only boot sometimes since it does not interfere in the firmware settings. Its node header allows third parties to develop specialized accessories to interact directly with the firmware.
7.) Gigabyte Z390:
- Supports 9th and 8th Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel optane memory ready
- 12 plus 1 phases digital VRM solution with DrMOS
The Gigabyte Z390 is the best motherboard for i9 9900k gaming. It is designed to support the latest eight-core Intel CPUs by offering them incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboards most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components as well as delivering enhanced system performance and ultimate hardware scalability.
- It comes with the multi-graphics configuration which offers better graphics performance for the gaming enthusiasts who demand the highest frame rates without compromising on resolution. It also has the graphics card and HDMI 1.4 video output.
- It also comes with the innovative one-piece stainless steel shielding design from gigabyte that reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support the heavy graphics card. It also has the solid power pin connectors which allow connecting the external devices.
- It is also integrated with the onboard LED which is controlled by the system BIOS which indicates if a malfunction is occurring it allows the users to quickly diagnose which major component is malfunctioning so they may take action promptly.
The Core i9 9900K is one powerful processor so before buying it you need to consider a few important things to have a better selection. Have a look:
Most motherboards in the market are not compatible with this processor, but there are only two chipsets available in most motherboards that work with this processor to give you a better performance so choose wisely.
The Intel i9 9900k processor is compatible with LGA 1151 socket so before buying the motherboard make sure the motherboard has this socket to have an excellent experience.
Many motherboards come with an overclocking ability to give you a great experience. The best selection will give you the best experience because an intelligent overclocking feature helps to monitor the status of your processor and determines how much it can handle.
When you are going to buy a motherboard for the Intel i9 9900k processor make sure it comes with stable Ethernet and fast WiFi adapters that help you to connect with other compatible devices to have the best experience.
A good motherboard comes with excellent technologies that help to protect it from any damage. They also boost your PC and give protection from voltage surges.so make the right voice to have a long-lasting performance.
Number of Ports:
Before buying the motherboard for the Intel i9 9900k processor check the unit’s I/O area and USB headers to see whether it offers the external connection options according to your need. These external connections will help you to add more ports through a front-panel connection on the PC case, or expansion slot brackets in the back. So choose accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the best RAM for i9 9900k?
The corsair vengeance RGB PRO 16GB is the best RAM for i9 9900k to enhance its performance. It is the best selection for hardcore gamers, content creators, and developers. It comes with RGB PRO lighting that makes it more stylish than the simple sawtooth RAMs. Everything is tightly screened for maximum bandwidth and optimum response time
What motherboards support i9?
Many motherboards in the market can support i9 but Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Extreme is the most extreme and absolute best motherboard for the i9-9900K. It comes with high-quality features including 3 M.2 ports with their heatsinks, Thunderbolt 3 support as well as best-in-class power circuitry to enhance its performance.
What chipset does the i9 9900k Use?
The Intel Z390 chipset paired with an Intel Core i9-9900K processor that is fast and powerful to give you great performance.
Should I buy 9900k?
The 9900K will give you better quality for both in your stream and in-game than any other mainstream CPU so you should buy 9900k to experience the best.
Is 3900x better than 9900k?
If you are using your PC for anything other than pure gaming the 3900X is the best selection for you it features, productivity, power consumption, and value, on the other hand, the i9-9900K had a lot better overclocking potential, better gaming performance as well as more motherboard options at an overall cheaper price point
Should I buy 9900k or 3900x?
If you want to use your PC for gaming and you want to have the best experience so go for 9900k it will boost your PC with its amazing features and give you the best performance. But if you are going to use your PC for a normal workload then 3900x is the best choice for you.
How much RAM do I need for i9 9900k?
On Intel CPUs RAM provides very minimal performance gains so there isn’t much reason to go for RAM speeds above 3000 or 3200, 16 GB 3200mhz is the best selection for you.
Is the i9 9900k overkill?
Yes, the Core i9 will be an overkill for most of the users.
Is i9 9900k future proof?
The Core i9 9900K is a proper halo product from Intel that is highly capable and the most future-proof mainstream CPU on the market. Get the 9900K if you want your new rig to last five-to-seven years.
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 2600
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 2700x
- Best Motherboard For i7 9700K
- Best Motherboard For i7 8700K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 3900x
- Best Motherboard For i9 9900K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600
- Best 200mm case fan
Last update on 2022-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API