We tested and compared the best motherboards for Intel Core i7-9700K in terms of performance, price, cooling, and ports. Here you can see the top selection of motherboards and below you will find the in-depth analysis of each motherboard for the i7-9700K.
And after becoming a favorite among PC enthusiasts worldwide, the Core i7 9700k has gained popularity due to the unmatched performance it offers for a variety of productivity tasks. Equipped with 8 cores and advanced technologies, it is only fair that this processor requires a high-quality motherboard.
The “best” may be different for different people and if you look at the price and all the features that an MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon motherboard offers is the most reliable motherboard you can buy today.
If you need a more reasonably priced motherboard that also comes with built-in Wi-Fi, then you should go for the GIGABYTE Z390 UD.
Details are here…
Best Motherboard For i7 9700k
|1||MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon||● Elegant black design|
● BIOS clean
● Lighting looks great
|2||ASRock Motherboard Motherboards Z370 EXTREME4||● Unbeatable memory performance|
● Dual USB 3.1 Gen 2
● Triple Ultra M.2
|3||MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE LGA1151||● Very cheap Price|
● Still good Performance with the i7-9700K
● Energy efficient
|4||ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G||● Comfortable|
● Perfect board
● 10 phases of power
|5||ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming LGA1151||● Chipset: Intel Z390|
● Expansion slots
|6||GIGABYTE Z390 UD||● Ideal for overclocking|
● Armor everywhere
● 3 M.2 slots
By exceedingly matching the i7-9700K’s target audience, the MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon offers additional Z390 chipset support, impressive overclocking and performance, and a wide range of useful features for an enthusiastic budget price.
- Of course, excellent overclocking results cannot be achieved without efficient cooling.
- Two of the PCIe slots are ruggedized for durability and should last the test of time even with robust graphics cards installed. It comes with 4 RAM slots and supports up to 64GB of RAM.
- Each heading on the ASUS Prime Z390-A can dynamically reference three thermal sensors, so you can enjoy a complete description of your temperatures and make corresponding adjustments.
- The ram runs at 4400 MHz, but this is a high-end motherboard that supports RAM overclocking so you can push RAM to the limit using this motherboard.
- Along with ASUS Aura that allows you complete control over RGB lighting.
- The best part is that Ace is compatible with modern Bluetooth 5.0 technology and guarantees super fast and reliable connectivity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In addition to all of this, the phenomenal M.2 shield on the motherboard stops thermal throttling and ensures the best performance from the unit.
The price/performance ratio of the ASRock Z370 Extreme4 is undeniable, and anyone willing to forgo some improvements in quality of life and a couple of additional Megahertz will find themselves with a more than capable enthusiastic motherboard and more money to put towards other components.
- With its 12-phase power design, three PCIe x16 slots (x16 / x0 / x4 or x8 / x8 / x4 configuration) and gigabit ethernet, the Extreme4 offers all the essentials for enthusiasts but loses built-in WiFi / Bluetooth and extra gear audio as a DAC in favor of a lower price.
- The new 10Gb / s network standard was specially designed to satisfy the user looking for immediate performance improvements.
- The ASRock RGB LED utility can be downloaded directly or from an all-in-one utility ASRock Live Update & APP Shop!
- What the Z370 Extreme4 doesn’t skimp on is the performance. Facing much more expensive competitors, such as the ASRock MSI Gaming Pro Carbon and the Z370 Taichi, the ASRock Extreme4 has its own synthetic and real-world gaming tests, as well as productivity and overclocking workloads.
- Hyper DDR4 uses an optimized trace design and the memory circuits are ideally isolated, thus providing pure memory signals for compatibility, stability, and performance.
- While Extreme4’s slightly lower quality VRMs are uncomfortably hot when running the most demanding CPU benchmarks, they are certainly acceptable under practical loads.
This motherboard is one of the high-end motherboards from MSI. The price tag of this motherboard is pretty affordable for all the features it is providing.
- There are three slots for external graphics cards. All slots are PCIe 3.0 X 16 standards with four modes.
- This motherboard can support both the 8th and 9th generation processor of Intel Core. The socket for the CPU belongs to the series of LGA 1151.
- Since cooling the PC is extremely important for enabling seamless performance, the MSI MEG Z390 Ace comes packed with ample fan headers and gives users full control over cooling options.
- Meanwhile, the MSI Z390-A Pro presents itself unusually simple in the ATX format, whose PCB wasn’t colored black but brown in this case.
- The TUF-Z390 Pro will be right up your alley. This one is designed for both the 9th and 8th Generation Intel Core processors, meaning that this one will work flawlessly with the i7-9700k processor.
- This motherboard has isolated memory circuitry for increasing performance and its stability. This motherboard is supported by MSI DDR4 Boost for any crashing of the system.
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming is the perfect table. From impressive overclocking performance for any machine to a wide selection of ports and headers, we doubt if you realize that your Z370-G is not a complete gaming ATX motherboard.
- The Strix Z370-G exchanges blow with its similarly priced full-size ATX counterparts in terms of compatibility, performance, and overclocking. According to Tom’s aforementioned hardware review, the Strix even beats some of the higher-end ATX motherboards, like MSI’s Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, in gaming performance.
- The lack of the few additional features that the Z390 brings to the table is far outweighed by the fantastic performance and feature set of this little board.
- While the Strix Z370-G’s overclocking performance and 10-phase power also match its larger competitors, it uses significantly more power and emits more heat both at rest and at full tilt.
- For a micro ATX motherboard, the Strix doesn’t skimp on a wide range of features. With two PCIe x16 slots (to use as either one x16 or two x8 slot), dedicated M.2 PCIe slots for SSDs, four DIMMs, and an excellent 867Mb / s Wi-Fi module, ASUS has truly cluttered an ATX – features and Valuable compatibility on this enthusiastic mid-size motherboard.
By matching the performance of its larger counterparts and exceeding our expectations in terms of features and compatibility for its minuscule size, the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I justifies its marginally higher price and wins our choice for the best ITX mini board for the i7 -9700K.
- At just over $ 200, the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming is more expensive than most of its enthusiast-oriented mini-ITX competitors, like the MSI MPG Z390I, but not without good reason.
- There are also two USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (rear panel), two USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports (rear panel), one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type C port, two USB 2.0 Type-A ports, one USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector (front panel) and more internal USB headers that support USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 2.0.
- In addition to the major visual overhaul that comes with the motherboard overlay on streamlined heatsinks, the Strix Z390-I Gaming enhances its star-studded predecessor, the Z370-I Gaming, with pre-shielded I / O, HDMI 2.0, USB 3.1 Gen2, SupremeFX Audio Shield, and of course the Intel Z390 chipset.
- This motherboard is also equipped with features like OptiMem II, SupremeFX Shielding, Sonic Radar III, Sonic Studio III, RAMCache III, Fan Xpert 4, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 5.0 and more. This motherboard is protected by a 3-year limited warranty.
6.) GIGABYTE Z390 UD
All PCIe slots and RAM slots are reinforced for better support and durability. The motherboard supports Intel Optane memory and there is a debug LED indicator to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong.
The GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Ultra costs a lot of money, but you get a premium motherboard with all the bells and whistles. This motherboard not only works well but also looks good.
- The Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Ultra comes equipped with Intel’s next-generation wireless solution, called Wave 2, which allows speeds of up to 1.73 Gbps and provides smooth video streaming and gaming experience.
- It comes with 4 RAM slots and supports up to 64GB of RAM. The ram runs at 4400 MHz, but this is a high-end motherboard that supports RAM overclocking so you can push RAM to the limit using this motherboard.
- Wave 2 features multi-user MIMO, wider channels, and a host of other enhancements that make it an easy choice for anyone who demands superior wireless performance.
- The motherboard comes in black and silver and has armor throughout that gives it a very aggressive look. There are lights all over the motherboard and even the M.2 heatsinks match the theme of the motherboard.
What things to consider when choosing a motherboard?
So, the motherboard should be able to keep up with the processor, it should never get hot when gaming for several hours. Hardcore gamers and miners keep their PCs for days; no data should be lost during the process. We will cover everything as we did for the best motherboard for i7 8700k, which should and should not be done before buying you a new game machine or upgrade to meet the needs as people do in the case of the top b350 motherboard for overclocking.
Here are some recommendations to keep in mind before choosing the best motherboard. It may seem necessary to someone who knows about computers.
But many people are looking for some guidance and advice as they don’t know anything about PCs and may find them interesting.
Before buying a motherboard, the most important checklist should be on the compatibility of your system. If they say it should work in conjunction with your processor, continue to check the remaining features.
It is better to buy four-channel RAM with color coding and better RAM capacity. Never install a single RAM, always make a combination of double RAM for more efficiency and less heat content inside your random access memory.
Cooling and Heat Sinks:
Look for a motherboard that supports internal space for fans and pump heads with enough space for RAM and PCIe slots. A PWM fan control is best for speed control and additional functions including temperature detection and control. The PWM controller monitors and displays all cooling statistics, warnings, and silent modes in real-time.
The best is the 24-pin modulated ATX power connectors. All you need to do is select a form factor that supports more pins and additional functions when connecting external components.PCIe Slots
The most common is the most efficient. The x16 slots are all functional for simultaneous action.
Unlike the outdated x4 and x8 slots used for normal PCs, those with 16 slots fit better and run everything at top speed.
Slots and Ports:
Dedicated USB Type-C ports are available for the new external Type-C cable connectivity. A diverse gaming PC will work more efficiently everywhere, be it from the inside via PCIe slots or for external connectivity via USB ports. There are other extremely important DIMM slots.
If you are looking for a light show, better go with RGB and RGBW headings. External lighting patterns are available to add and edit on your CPU, thanks to 4-pin and 5-pin RGB headers and Wi-Fi connectivity for control. Buy 16.8 million RGB lighting headings for better brightness display and error-free lighting.
The total consumption of the motherboard will depend on the additional chips that the manufacturer includes, such as a chip for a second Ethernet, better audio, etc., and what connectivity or features are active.
Make sure that the PC case you buy has the anchors for the motherboard format you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What is the best motherboard for the i7 processor?
Considering that the Z390 chipset has been called the renowned Z370 by some manufacturers and doesn’t bring any innovative new features, giving up on a new Z390 board is a great way to save a few bucks on its build. The ASRock Z370 Extreme4 not only costs $ 50- $ 100 less than most of the other boards in this guide, but the price difference is almost imperceptible when it comes to performance.
Is i7 9700k compatible with z370?
Although the Z370 motherboards will be compatible with the newly released 9th generation Intel CPUs, it is still not a bad idea to upgrade to the Z390 platform. Unlike Z370 motherboards, Z390 motherboards are specifically designed to take full advantage of ninth-generation Intel processors.
How much RAM does an i7 9700k need?
If you are looking to build a gaming setup then 16GB of RAM is the way to go. This amount of RAM is more than enough to play even the most demanding games; And if you are looking to prepare your construction for the future so that the new generation will appear with the latest generation consoles, it has been announced that both Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X will have 16 GB of RAM, so you will be safe no matter what.
Is it the future i7 9700k?
I think that in the coming years there will be more games, the programs will use more threads, and its 8 threads will make you want to replace it sooner. At least the next 3 years will be fine. But well, yes, you will think about updating.
How long will the i7 9700k last?
If you are looking for a system that will last you over 5 years, I would use the 9900k just to be safe and avoid the hassle of feeling the pressure to upgrade too soon.
Should I buy i7 8700k or 9700k?
Go for the 9700K … it was faster in almost every game compared to the 8700K in the review I looked at, and it looks like a bargain with just a small price increase …
Is the i7 9700k worth it?
Core i7-9700K is a much smarter choice for gaming than the expensive Core i9-9900K. It offers similar performance at a significantly lower price. It also doesn’t lag in heavier applications, thanks to eight physical cores.
What temperature should my i7 9700k be?
70 ° C – 75 ° C is the ideal temperature for 14nm chips. 80 ° C is fine but not good for longevity.
If you keep the chip below 75 ° C, it will probably last more than 10 years.
Is the i7 9700k good for multitasking?
I recommend that you go with Intel processors, because Intel processors have a high clock speed, so higher single-core performance, consume less power, so they generate less heat, and you can also get 8 or 10 cores in its i7 and i9 variants if you need a lot of multitasking.
Since a motherboard is a very complex product, analyzing its technical details is of the utmost importance to ensure that you are spending your money on the right product. This is why choosing an efficient motherboard to upgrade your computer takes a lot of effort and time.
We bring together the best motherboards 2020 has to offer, each of which has been tested and reviewed by us, so you can find the ideal one for your setup.
In this article, the best motherboard for i7 9700k under 150, we walk you through choosing the best motherboard for your needs and the rest of your hardware.
Thank you for reading!
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 3700x
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 2600
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 7 2700x
- Best Motherboard For i7 9700K
- Best Motherboard For i7 8700K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 9 3900x
- Best Motherboard For i9 9900K
- Best Motherboard For Ryzen 5 3600
- Best 200mm case fan
- 1 Best Motherboard For i7 9700k
- 1.1 1.) MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon
- 1.2 2.) ASRock Motherboard Motherboards Z370 EXTREME4
- 1.3 3.) MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE LGA1151
- 1.4 4.) ASUS ROG Strix Z370-G
- 1.5 5.) ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming LGA1151
- 1.6 6.) GIGABYTE Z390 UD
- 1.7 Buyer’s Guide:
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- 1.8.1 What is the best motherboard for the i7 processor?
- 1.8.2 Is i7 9700k compatible with z370?
- 1.8.3 How much RAM does an i7 9700k need?
- 1.8.4 Is it the future i7 9700k?
- 1.8.5 How long will the i7 9700k last?
- 1.8.6 Should I buy i7 8700k or 9700k?
- 1.8.7 Is the i7 9700k worth it?
- 1.8.8 What temperature should my i7 9700k be?
- 1.8.9 Is the i7 9700k good for multitasking?
- 1.8.10 Last Lines: