The technology world in the computer framework creation and development aspects has continued to experience massive developmental strides. These developments have culminated in our various uses of the computer- with computer gaming finding its way to the very top of the lists.
In the world of technology, the manufacturing of computer framework and development has created a massive change. It made our routine super-fast and super-entertaining. These innovations and development have created a huge list of computers. So the biggest deal is to get the know-how about these computers and their empowered features.
It’s a brilliant choice to pick a computer according to your need and budget. A motherboard is one of the most vital parts of a computer system. It grasps a lot of the fundamental components of a computer, comprising the CPU, memory, and connectors for input and output devices.
To select a motherboard you have to consider the Intel Core which you are using. If you want to know about the best motherboard for i7 8700k 8th gen then keep reading our reviews. We have a complete lot of up-to-date options to fill your list of favorite items in the quest for the best.
Let’s first go with our Top-Pick!!
According to our inspection and examination, Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard Is the one which is leading the race of the best motherboard for i7 8700k overclocking. It fully commands your gaming experience on 9th generation Intel Core processors with the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming by presenting 5-Way Optimization for dynamic system control with AI overclocking.
It includes 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Dual M.2, and USB 3.1 Gen2 which delivers all-out connectivity speeds while ASUS OptiMem II confirms improved DRAM overclocking firmness. ASUS Aura proposes full RGB lighting control with a diversity of functional presets for the integral RGB LEDs as well as strips associated with the onboard RGB header.
Highly Significant and recommended!!
- 1 Best Motherboard For i7 8700k
- 1.1 1.) Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard:
- 1.2 2.) ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming:
- 1.3 3.) Prime Z390-A Motherboard:
- 1.4 4.) MSI Performance GAMING Intel 8th Gen:
- 1.5 5.) GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS:
- 1.6 6.) ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero:
- 1.7 7.) ASUS ROG Maximus IX:
- 1.8 Buying Guide:
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Best Motherboard For i7 8700k
Let’s step by step by step proceed towards our reviews as regards the best motherboard for i7 8700k 8th gen but if you want a quick conclusion then you may glance through our comparison table it would convey you comprehensive facts and figures regarding the best motherboards for i7 8700k overclocking.
|1||Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard||Chipset: Intel Z390|
Memory: 4 / 64 GB DDR4 4266+ MHz (O.C.)
|2||ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming||Chipset: Intel Z370 (300 Series)|
Memory: 4 x DIMM max 64GB DDR4 4000 (OC) MHz
|3||Prime Z390-A Motherboard||Chipset: Intel Z390|
Memory: 4 / 64 GB DDR4 4266+ MHz (O.C.)
|4||MSI Performance GAMING Intel 8th Gen||Chipset: Intel Z370 Express|
Form Factor: ATX
|5||GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS||Speed: up to 1.73Gbps|
WI-FI: Intel CNVi 2x2 802.11ac wireless
|6||ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero||Optimization: 5-Way|
|7||ASUS ROG Maximus IX||Processor: 7th generation|
The ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E gaming motherboard is one of the best motherboards for i7 8700k and RTX 2080 and it is specially designed for 9th and 10th generation Intel core processors that increases connectivity and contains far better speed.
- It commands your gaming experience fully on 9th and 10th generation Intel Core processors as it keeps ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming that contains the 5-Way Optimization for vibrant control of the system with AI overclocking. It is installed with a double onboard M.2 heatsink.
- The ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E gaming motherboard contains a water pump header, fan extension header, and MOS fan which includes brackets. It has innovative power delivery to the fuels of CPUs with more cores encouraging faster memory and storage.
- The motherboard devours 5-way optimization like you just have to go for one-click to enhance your all-inclusive system. It is a perfect and ultimate choice for Gamers. This motherboard has ample power. It has quicker memory support under a stealthy skin. It has been loaded with well-known ROG features.
- It is united with a wealth of enrichments like one-click optimization, the latest connectivity and ultramodern styling having onboard brilliance, the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E gaming motherboard which makes a daunting foundation for gaming builds that can move above and beyond.
The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming motherboard is one of the best motherboards for i7 8700k overclocking and it is explicitly designed for 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors, Celerons and Pentiums to yield full advantage of the swiftness and connectivity.
- It contains Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1, Dual M.2, 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, and Intel optane memory compatibility, too. The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E gaming motherboard directs your gaming experience fully on 9th and 10th generation Intel Core processors.
- It contains ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming that is powered with the 5-Way Optimization for vigorous control of the system with AI overclocking. The ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E gaming motherboard has dual onboard M.2 heatsink. It also contains a water fan extension header, pump heading, and MOS fan having bracket.
- It has wide-ranging cooling options and the latest power delivery to the fuels of CPUs with more cores as well as supports. It encourages faster memory and storage. This E gaming motherboard offers you all the necessities you will need to tackle the full potential of devices to play games.
The ASUS Prime Z390-A motherboard is efficiently designed for 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors, Pentiums, and Celerons for the speediness and connectivity which is caused due to availability of Dual M.2, Gen2 and ASUS Optimum II for a better DRAM overclocking steadiness; one of the best motherboard for i7 8700k and RTX 2080.
- The ASUS 5 based on smart prediction and thermal telemetry and OptiMem II technology vigilantly map memory signal pathways across various PCB layers to decline vias as well as it includes defending zones which meaningfully reduce crosstalk.
- For more advancement overclocking headroom are available and for fully stacked memory configurations, they have employed a highly customized T-Topology layout. The ASUS Prime Z390-A motherboard uses a diverse audio codec print in association with Realtek.
- Furthermore, a new impedance sensing circuit spontaneously adjusts gain to make sure the optimal volume range for the headphones. It is highly recommendable and a perfect and suitable choice for the status-conscious part of your personality.
- It is a well-tuned system that justifies a matching aesthetic, provides RGB lighting control having a vast variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs and strips attached to the onboard RGB headers. And it will all be synced as it has an ever-growing portfolio of Aura accomplished hardware.
MSI Performance GAMING Intel ATX MotherboardThe MSI Performance GAMING Intel 8th Generation motherboard is explicitly designed for 8th generation coffee lake processors, Pentiums, and Celerons. These are designed for socket LGA 1151 64GB DDR4 USB 3 Multiple GPU Support ATX Motherboard.
- This motherboard is based on Intel Z370 chipset and is manufactured for 8th generation Intel core processor that has almost 8 cores. It has an excess of slots and connectors involving quad DIMMS, dual PCIe x 16, an M.2 and two USB 3.1 Gen 2, this motherboard delivers unlimited individuality to make and increase your dream system, while you take complete benefit of the new devices and peripherals.
- It is a well-tuned system that deserves a matching aesthetic, providing RGB lighting control having a vast variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs and strips attached to the onboard RGB header.
- If you can look at the rear of the packaging you will see the particulars of the board. With just one click it takes care of all the multifaceted tuning. It zestfully optimizes significant features of the system and delivers you with steady overclocking and exciting cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
AORUS Z390 motherboards are manufactured by keeping thermals and speed in mind. It ensures that users can take advantage of Intel 9th generation processors in the best way, these features make it one of the best motherboard for i7 8700k video editing
- Accumulate your next PC with AORUS and start with a sturdy foundation as each motherboard is built with Ultra Tough materials. Smash the GbE barrier with Intel’s next-gen wireless solution which permits gigabit wireless performance. It provides super-fast Wi-Fi and offers smooth video streaming and improved gaming capability, with speeds up to 1.73Gbps.
- Its Smart Fan 5 users make sure that their gaming PC can uphold its performance while staying cool. The Z390 AORUS ULTRA uses a high-performance thermal design by uniting its multi-cut heatsink with a Direct Touch Heat pipe and condensed thermal wads to bring ultimate MOSFET cooling operation for fanatics, overclockers and gamers.
- AORUS motherboards are coated with Long-lasting shields, such as an integrated I/O shield, memory armor, and PCIe armor which delivers a strong foundation to users to build their gaming systems. With durability in mind, GIGABYTE delivers a thermal solution for M.2 SSD gadgets. The M.2 Thermal Guard stops choking and blockages from high-speed M.2 SSDs as it benefits to dispel heat before it bothers.
It is one of the best motherboards for i7 8700k and RTX 2070 as it can undergo next-level gaming performance and personalization with the ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC). It supporting 8th generation Intel Core processors.
- ROG’s SupremeFX audio technology brings an extraordinary 113dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in construction. We have also added a low-dropout controller for cleaner power distribution, an ESS Sabre Hi-Fi ES9023P digital-to-analog converter for front-panel output, and a Texas Instruments RC4850 op-amp for high improvement with little falsification.
- One-click takes care of all that multifarious tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimization marks your PC smart. It dynamically enhances vital aspects of the system, so long as overclocking and cooling profiles that are made-to-order for your rig. It delivers maximum connectivity speeds.
- The ROG Maximus X Hero is fortified with a fashionable, angular M.2 heatsink that makes your SSD cool. By dissipating heat away from the M.2 area, the ROG Maximus X Hero reduces the likelihood of the performance-sapping adjustment that can happen when drives become too warm.
The ROG Maximus IX Extreme best motherboard for i7 8700k 8th gen and it features an integrated ROG Bitspower monoblock and delivers entrenched flow meter, leak sensor, temperature indicator, and conductive M.2 heatsink. There is no compromise on its connectivity and speed efficiency with front panel USB 3.1, NVMe M.2.
The monoblock is definitely for a full water cooling system. You will require a radiator, reservoir, pump, tubing, and all the connecting parts. This is a great mobo, but it needs a ton of work and other apparatuses to be functioning.
It is very efficient and gives super connectivity and speed. Hence, you get excellent CPU performance, cool and silent fans, daily energy savings, highly stable digital power, and networking settings too which is made-to-order for the apps that you are using on daily bases. It is empowered with slots like Thunderbolt 3 and dual PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 for unbelievable performance and for boosting up.
Its 5-Way Optimization categories all the multifaceted settings with a click, for prompt, highly well-disciplined performance. Its high-class ROG technology energetically optimizes vital aspects of your system, based on actual use.
If your CPU is i7 8700k or if you are viewing it on a game board then you must continue reading the following guideline to safeguard yourself from worries or wrong selection.
Look at Form ٖٖٖFactor:
The first thing which is essential to consider before buying a motherboard is to choose a form factor especially when it comes to the best AM3+ gaming CPU. Whenever you want to get a new motherboard then ensure that should match with the old one.
Check the Processor Socket:
After the first phase of selecting the form factor, you are going to choose the processor socket. There are numerous kinds of sockets but nowadays only three are pertinent i.e. LGA, PGA, and BGA. BGA sockets. For this purpose, you need to look at your then look at the processor.
Random Access Memory:
The motherboard that you are going to purchase will choose the amount and kind of memory that you will be having. Thus, before buying a motherboard, keep this factor in your mind. However, I would recommend you to buy a motherboard that at least puts up 16 GB memory.
Check the PCI Slots:
The PCI slot is a connotation or a port that is present on the motherboard. If you play games then you need to have at least one full-speed PCI express X16 slot if you are a gamer, and if you want to ascribe multiple cards ten you will desire for a multiple of those. Motherboards also deliver standard PCI slots and minor PCI express slots for other cards, like sound cards, Wi-Fi adaptors, etc.
If you are going to purchase a motherboard and you cannot choose which motherboard to buy then I would suggest you go for a motherboard that has built-in Wi-Fi facility available. For consistent connectivity, ensure to buy anything with a Wi-Fi range between 802.11 ac/ b/ g/ n. It processes quicker than the wireless and is more creative in large bandwidth connectivity choices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
What chipset is the i7 8700k?
Z370 Chipset & Graphics is the chipset for Intel Core i7–8700K. Much to the consternation of buffs all around, you can’t buy a Coffee Lake-based CPU and drop it into the enhancing Z270 motherboard you may have acquired a few months ago.at this place you will have to horse up for a 300-series motherboard. You also can not carry your Kaby or Skylake Lake processor over to a Z370-based platform, even though both sides employ LGA 1151 borders.
Is i7 8700k compatible with z390?
The Z390 boards are fully well-matched with 8th gen CPUs so there will be no issues using an 8700k. The Z390 boards are entirely compatible with 8th gen CPUs so there will be no worries using an 8700k. Most 8700ks can influence 5Ghz but if you get a really good sample it’s a good idea to decide and use liquid metal as the temperatures can frequently be high at the kind of voltages you need to hit 5Ghz steady on a regular chip. If you want to get an improved binned 8700k you could get the 8086k and you might be able to get 5Ghz without deciding depending on your cooling way out and how much voltage it requires.
Which is better, i7 8700k or i7 9700k?
Relatively, the Intel Core i7–8700K starts at a tick advanced 3.7GHz base frequency, but can’t go nearly as reckless with its maximum 4.7GHz boost clock. Cheers to its joined unified heat spreader (IHS), the Intel Core i7–9700K should be enhanced at keeping the chip cool, letting for superior overclocks
Why is the i7 8700k so expensive?
It is a high-end CPU so it is sold with a high-profit margin vs. i3 and i5. All Intel CPU prices went 20–60% since Aug due to shortage of supply, while requests have increased on the market, the price raised 33% in the last 90 days. The i3 and i5 prices increased more in % as the request was greater.
How good is the i7 8700k?
Intel finally prolonged the core count of its mainstream processors, facilitating solid all-around performance from the Core i7-8700K. Forceful Turbo Enhanced bins assured unlimited performance in lightly-threaded loads, while six cores cut through challenging tasks much more expertly than Core i7-7700K.
What is the best motherboard for i7 9700k?
The Intel Core i7-9700K is one of the greatest CPUs for gaming. It is empowered with 8 cores, high frequencies, and sufficient power. Because of its specs, it requires a quality motherboard. Do not worry, we wind-swept the market and found the six best motherboards for the i7-9700K CPU.
Is the i7s 8700k good for gaming?
Intel boasts that the six-core 3.7GHz Core i7–8700K. It is the “best gaming desktop processor ever” and offers up to 195 frames per second (FPS) on Gears of War 4. It delivers 25 percent more FPS than its 7th Gen processors.