Linux is the best OS operating system which is more useful with more flexible features in your Chromebook. In the current beta phase of the Linux application on Chromebook, it seems far more reliable and stable than the integration of Android apps was originally.
Linux support allows you to develop, test, and run Android and Web applications on Chromebook phones, tablets, and laptops. Execute popular publishers, code in your preferred language, and run Google Cloud projects with the command line. All works on a Chromebook directly.
Here is a brief and honest review of the Best Chromebook For Linux so that you can have a helping hand to choose from.
Short on time, No need to look further here is our top pick for you:
Google Pixelbook: It is a hybrid gadget that brings a lot for you in terms of performance and design as compared to other Chromebooks which has managed to be the top on list Chromebook For Linux. This device offers premium specs, sleek design, and blazing-fast performance that make it best among all.
- 1 An Overview Of Best Chromebook For Linux
- 2 Best Chromebook For Linux
- 3 BUYER’S GUIDE
- 4 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
An Overview Of Best Chromebook For Linux
Best Chromebook For Linux
Let’s get started,
The amazing design of Google Pixelbook provides Intel HD Graphics 615 for vivid bright graphics experience on a 12.3-inch screen with 2400 x 1600 resolution and never compromises on the work efficiency. Google Pixelbook comes with up to 10 hours of use battery with a single charge.
It comes with 7th Gen Intel Core processor including 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD Storage which efficiently takes care of your memory storage and gives you faster browsing.
Its 11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 let you get connected with other devices on-the-go. Google Pixelbook comes with a smartpen that works with the Google Assistant and allows you to write, draw, and design naturally.
This slim and light-weighted laptop features enhanced stylus support and 360° hinges so you can rotate it all the way open so the Pixelbook can be used as a tablet, so this 4 in 1 laptop gives you different option to use it as a laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes according to your need.
- Meet google pixelbook, the high performance chromebook. It’s the first laptop with the google...
- Features 7th gen intel core i7 processor, 16gb ram and 512gb for storage. The long lasting battery...
- 4 in 1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes....
- Pixelbook's super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 millimetre and weighs 2.45 pounds....
- Great Build up and Design
- Comes with Full Android Support
- Good Keyboard
- Great Stylus Support
- Pen has to be bought separately
- Average Battery Life
Acer Chromebook 14 features 14-inch Full HD IPS display with 1920×1080 resolution to boast 41% more pixels than an HD display to give a vivid view. The viewing angle of 170 degrees means it can be read from everywhere, and the anti-glare coating is another massive plus.
This sleek metallic Chromebook features 1.6-GHz Intel Celeron N3160 CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 32GB eMMC drive to provide you enough activeness for multitasking and huge storage capacity.
Now you can leave your power cable at home when you take the Acer Chromebook 14 with you because it comes with a huge battery life Up to 12 with a single charge.
Acer Chromebook 14 offers the new 802.11ac dual-band wireless connection, which boosts the Internet speed up to 3 times faster than previous generations by making things from online gaming to video streaming faster and more reliable.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit,...
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books,...
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an...
- Long Battery Life
- 1080p Display
- No SD Card Slot
Asus Chromebook features 14 inches LED-backlit screen with 1920 x 1080 resolution and NanoEdge Technology makes it stylish and attractive.
It comes with precision360 degree hinge which superbly flips the touchscreen to tent, stand, and tablet mode. It is powered by the Intel Core m3-8100y Pro Processor and 4GB LPDDR3 RAM, 64GB MMC Storage to provide you smooth and fast working experience.
Asus Chromebook Flip gives you a whole new taste of using a Chromebook with a backlit keyboard and amazing split-screening. Its backlit keyboard comes with 1.4mm key travel with a large touchpad to give you multi-touch gesture support.
The ASUS offers a nice portable size with superb battery life up to 10 hours with a single charge. It offers two USB Type C ports with one USB Type-A Port for better connectivity with other devices.
Chromebook runs on the Chrome OS operating system, an operating system by Google that is built with the latest technology including virus protect, automatic updates, boots up in seconds, and works faster.
- 14 inch Touchscreen FHD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin)...
- The FHD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to...
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance....
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1s Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a super...
- Slim and premium built-up
- 14” Touchscreen with slim bezels
- Long battery life
- Touchpad performance is average
- Speakers are tiny
Samsung Chromebook Pro comes with c 12.3 inches display with 2400x1600pixels resolution to give a vivid view. Its weight is just 2.38pounds with 11.06 x 8.72 x 0.55 inches dimensions make it ultra-portable, so you shouldn’t have any trouble holding it in your hands for a long period.
It offers a 360-degree hinge that lets you flip it all the way around for use in tablet mode with the included stylus. It also comes with a built-in pen. If you’re doodling, sketching, or personalizing a photo this pen will help you to do your tasks more efficiently.
You can also run multiple apps at a time on it at a fast speed. It comes with up to 8 hours of battery life with built-in virus protection and automatic updates.
It offers 4GB of onboard memory and Intel Core m3-6Y30 processor which makes it capable of a lot including streaming 4K media. It also features 16 GB SSD Flash memory to enable you to store your huge amount of data.
- Display: 12.3" 2400x1600, 3:2,400nit
- Intel Core M3 Processor 6Y30 ; 2.2Ghz Speed
- 4GB LPDDR3 Memory (on BD 4GB); Battery Life: 9 hours
- Hard Drive: 32GB eMMC.Weight:2.381pounds. OS: Google Chrome.Spill Resistant:Yes, 60cc
- Super light and beautiful Design
- Comes with Stylus
- Sharp and Colorful Display
- Runs Android Apps very well
- Not a Comfortable Keyboard
- Not long Battery Life
- Average Speakers
Lenovo IdeaPad Duet is a remarkable tablet introduced by Lenovo that also comes in budget and becomes one of the best Chromebook for Linux. Before this device, the Chrome OS experience on tablets wasn’t good, but Lenovo has changed the complete narrative by introducing this device.
Lenovo Ideapad duet is a 10.1 inch, 2-in-1 convertible device. The tablet is beautifully designed from the exterior, gives a premium look and feel. This one of the best Chromebooks for Linux also comes with a keyboard and magnetic fabric wrapped kickstand to help the user do serious typing work. The overall weight of this device is only 920g which is unbelievably lightweight and portable.
The keyboard has good key- size but has compromised on key-spacing as the tablet is of 10.1-inches, but it is quite productive once your fingers are set on it. The trackpad is also not very big, but it works fine.
Ideapad duet has IPS display touchscreen with a full HD screen of 1920 x 1200 resolution, enabling you to use the screen from any view angle, whether reading a book while lying on bed or drawing while sitting on a couch. Moreover, its display has 400- nits of maximum brightness, work on this tablet in any environmental condition without caring about darkness.
This Chromebook’s performance for Linux is quite impressive with MediaTekHelio P60T and 4 GB RAM for multitasking. It comes with 64 GB of internal storage, to save your documents, pictures and much more.
It gives amazing software experience; you can use almost every Android application on this device without any lag or performance problem. Its performance is also pretty good with Android games. You can play almost every android mobile game on it, from PUBG Mobile to Candy Crush.
In video calling and capturing precious moments this Chromebook for Linux comes with Dual camera, 8MP Autofocus main camera and 2MP front camera. To support these many features, Ideapad duet has a large battery of 7,000 mAh which lasts for 10-12 hours easily.
It has 2×2 Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and Bluetooth 4.2 for wireless connectivity. It also has a USB-C port which acts as an all-purpose port. Use it for charging, connecting external storage devices and even headphones by using dumbbell that comes in the inbox.
The only thing I miss in this device in the separate headphone jack and expandable storage option
- This ultraportable 2-in-1 Chromebook includes a fast and stable plug-and-play detachable keyboard...
- Take it with you everywhere. Thin and lightweight the Chromebook Duet offers up to 10 hours of...
- The unique dual-tone design with aluminum alloy on the tablet is a standout design with...
- Fast secure and easy to use: This touchscreen Chromebook boots up quickly with just your Google...
- Affordable Price
- Long Battery Life
- Large Library for software
- Small Keyboard and fussy keyboard
- Not very large storage size
- Average performance
Chromebook spin 713 should be your foremost pick while searching for best Chromebook for Linux. It seems like Acer has packed all the amazing features in a single device with incredibly less price.
Spin 713 is nicely built with Aluminum at its top and bottom, and all area around the keyboard is plastic which doesn’t look cheap. But surely takes away the full premium experience. This Chromebook is not among the slimmest laptops but is reasonably slim and weighs only 3.2 pounds making it portable for travelling. This device’s coolest feature is 360- degree hinge rotation; you can make it tablet for reading a book or watching a movie.
The Chromebook has 13.5 inches touchscreen display with 3:2 aspect ratio and, 2256 x 1504 resolution. Due to 3:2 aspect ratio gives extra vertical space and gives the feel as if you are using 15 -inch laptop. The picture quality of this Chromebook is pretty good with above 450 nits of brightness, making it feasible for the user to work in any light conditions. Moreover, its touchscreen also supports USI stylus to help you draw graphics and take notes.
If we talk about this Acer’s Linux Chromebook Performance, it has processing power with modern 10th Gen processor Intel Core i5-10210U and 8GBof RAM to support multitasking without any lag, this performance is further enhanced by 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD, that fetches all files very quickly.
Acer has improved this device, unlike Acer’s other devices, it has a reasonably large keyboard with good travel time. Once a person’s become used to of it, this keyboard highly increases typing speed and productivity. Moreover, the keyboard also has backlit so that darkness wouldn’t interfere in work. Beneath the keyboard is good size Gorilla glass trackpad that supports all latest gestures
This Chromebook for Linux has all the features to connect any device. It has the latest Wifi-6 and Bluetooth-4 for wireless connectivity and has a variety of ports to connect any peripheral device. It as two USB type-C, a type-A port, an earphone jack with SD card slot. But it also incorporated HDMI port, which is lacking in many latest devices. But it helps a lot while projecting office presentation and you don’t have time to find the special adapter that can also work with type-C.
The only thing that bothers me about this Chromebook is sound; its stereo speakers are not loud.
- Manufacturer refurbished with 90 Day (through Manufacturer or Manufacturer certified service...
- Portable and Ultra-thin design Chrome OS operating system; 10th Gen Intel i5-10210U Quad Core...
- 13.3in 2K (2256 x 1504) Gorilla Glass Touchscreen IPS ComfyView, Wide Viewing Angle, low reflection...
- 8GB memory; 128GB Solid State Drive; Precision Touchpad; HD Webcam; Long Lasting battery
- Slim and strong build up
- 3:2 aspect ratio with thin bezels
- Sharp Color Display
- SSD Storage
- Little overweight
- No Stylus Support
- Average webcam and speakers
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook is not just the best Chromebook for Linux, but it is best in every aspect. Samsung has done a fabulous job in building this device. It has all the features that one can wish to have in a single device. It is well built, with a sharp display and high performance that no other Chromebook can beat.
Galaxy Chromebook is beautifully built, it has a complete aluminium body with 360-degree hinge rotation, which allows you to rotate the keyboard at the back and use it as a tablet. It has a thickness of 0.38 inches and weighs only 2.2 pounds, put the Chromebook in the bag and take it anywhere you want. It comes in two colours, grey and red. It’s up to what you like, but the red one attracts the most.
The display is the feature where Samsung has beat every other best Chromebook to put Linux on. Galaxy Chromebook has 13.3-inch touchscreen 4K AMOLED display with 3840 x 2160 resolution. AMOLED means Sharp display and 100% adobe colour accuracy and 100% DCI p3, Samsung has just nailed it. If you are a graphic designer or someone who does a lot of pictures or video editing work, consider this device, as its display is not just best among Chromebook, but many laptops can not beat it.
Moreover, the screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9 with thin bezels, that gives extra vertical room and makes movie watching experience just amazing. With this Galaxy Chromebook also comes with Stylus that is very quick to respond. Now make notes while learning or draw graphics with 4K display.
Talking about its performance, it has modern 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB of LPDDR3 RAM making it superfast. You can run multiple applications simultaneously with 20 tabs open on chrome but wouldn’t be able to slow this device that’.
- 【13.3" touch screen 3840x2160 native 4K resolution】 A high-definition display provides a rich...
- 【8GB system memory for advanced multitasking, 256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e) SSD】 Substantial...
- 【BUILT-IN PEN】 Let your imagination roam on the screen with the Galaxy Chromebook pen. The pen...
- 【256GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e) SSD】 offers speedy storage resulting in faster start-up times...
- Beautiful Built-up with stunning red color
- OLED 4K Display
- High Performance
- Comes with Built-in Stylus
- Short Battery Life
- Gets Warm
Chromebook x360 14c is our last selection for best Chromebook for Linux. It is a 2-in-1 convertible device by Hp, with all the amazing features to perform almost every task and run all Linux Apps.
It is a 14-inch well-built device, its upper part and keyboard is aluminium, and the lower end is plastic which doesn’t look cheap and gives a premium feel. Its hinge is 360 degrees rotatable; you can make it tablet whenever reading a book or watching a movie. Its weight is 3.64 pounds which are little heavy for a 14-inch laptop, but the device is highly durable and substantial, you don’t have to worry much while moving with it.
X360 14c has 13.3 inch AMOLED Screen with 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution. It has excellent colour accuracy with sharp display; the screen has 16:9 aspect ratio and modern thin bezels, giving extra vertical space. This device is amazing for watching movies. But the screen’s brightness is 250-nits which is little low and confined you to work in-door rather in sunlight. But you can work easily on it by keeping brightness at its peak.
Coming towards x360 14c performance, it has 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10110U 2.1GHz Processor, which is quite fast enough to run Linux applications becoming the best Laptop to put Linux on. And Intel UHD Graphics Integrated Graphics, allows you to play games and work on graphics.
It has 8GB RAM for high-speed performance, Now do multiple tasking or switch between programs without lag. It is a monster in this respect what you throw upon it; it just processes without slowing down. X360 14c has 64GB eMMC SSD for storage, which is I believe little less but no worries you can expand it by inserting SD card.
The keyboard of this device I love the most; is made up of aluminium with perfect travel space and backlit; it is very silent and good to click. It helps you to increase typing speed. With this, the device also offers wide, glass trackpad with good click and finger gestures. This best Chromebook for Linux apps also supports USI stylus, to help you take notes and draw.
Hp provides fair connectivity options in this device; It has the latest Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth with a good selection of ports. It has 2 high-speed USB-C ports and a USB-A port with SD card reader and headphone jack.
It also has a unique button of switching ON and OFF which no Chromebook has. If you are a little concerned about the camera, this would be very useful for you.
- 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. 14.0" Full...
- 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10110U 2.1GHz Processor (upto 4.1 GHz, 4MB Cache, 2-Cores) ; Intel UHD...
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】 8GB OnBoard RAM; 45W Power Supply, 3-Cell 60WHr Battery; Mineral...
- 64GB eMMC SSD; USB 3.1 Gen1, 2x USB 3.1 Type-C Gen1, Micro SD Reader, Headphone/Microphone Combo...
- Simple Elegant Design
- Backlit Keyboard
- Fingerprint reader and great Speakers
- Little Overweight
- Screen should be more bright
- Hard drive instead od SSD
Before buying Chromebook for Linux, it is good to know whether it is compatible with Linux apps or not. Will it give smooth experience or every time you have to struggle to run an Application. Let’s discuss a few aspects of it:
The minimum System Requirement for Linux is Core i3, but I suggest you go for the latest Generation, for speedy processing and if you can then go for i5.
Linux runs finely with 4GB of RAM, but we know that there is constantly upgrade in software, so I recommend you choose a device with 8GB RAM or add additional RAM in your device, this would be economical also. 8GB RAM is just perfect for performing any task.
64GB of SSD Storage is minimum suggest to run Linux smoothly but If you wish to perform other tasks and upgrade it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which Linux is best for Chromebook?
Best Linux for Chromebook is Gallium OS; it is specifically designed for Chromebook, based on Xubuntu.Others are:
- Void Linux.
- Solus OS
- Phoenix Linux.
What are the best Linux apps for Chromebook?
There are many apps:
- LibreOffice: Local office Suite
- FocusWriter: Text Editor
- GIMP: Graphics Editor
Are Chromebooks good for Linux?
Yes, Chromebooks are good for Linux. Chrome Operating System is based on Linux desktop so its hardware has everything to work well with Linux. Chromebook sets its reputation as an affordable Linux Laptop
Which Chromebook has Linux?
We can run Linux on almost every Chromebook but Google PixelBook is best among all. Other options of good Linux Chromebook are:
- ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
- Acer – Chromebook Spin 713
- Samsung Galaxy Chromebook
- HP Chromebook x360 14c
Do all Chromebooks support Linux?
Yes, almost all Chromebooks Support Linux otherwise it will mention this Chromebook doesn’t support Linux. And all the devices launched after 2019 support Linux Beta
- Best i7 Laptop Under 1000
- Best Chromebook Under $300
- Best Chromebook for Artist
- Best Business Laptop Under 1000
- Best School Laptop Under $500
- Best SSD Laptop Under $1000
- Best Student Laptop Under 500
- Best Student Laptop Under $1000
- Best Gaming Laptop Under 1000
- Best Chromebook For Business
- Best Gaming Laptop Under 1200
- Best Touch Screen Laptop Under 1000
- Best Chromebook For Drawing
- Best Chromebook For High School
- Best Chromebook For Elementary Students
- Best Chromebook For Photo Editing
- Best Chromebook For Linux
- Best Chromebook For Seniors
- Best Chromebook For Teenager
- Cheapest Touchscreen Chromebook
Last update on 2021-09-07 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API