If you’re in the market for a Chromebook that’s great for drawing with the app Canvas, then you’ve come to the right place. In this comprehensive review, we’ll take a look at some of the best Chromebooks for artists and show you how they perform when used with Canvas.
So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced artist, read on to find out which Chromebook is right for you.
Chromebooks, they’re basically like a tablet-laptop hybrid and they run on Chrome OS which is an app-based operating system, and its Android app so you can get the Google Play Store so any of the apps that you can find on the Google Play Store you can get on the Chromebook which is pretty cool so you’ve got access to a bunch of cool apps and fun things. For sure, one of the most popular apps for Chromebook these days is Canvas.
Using Chromebook gives you access to a bunch of cool apps in addition to Canvas so you can keep everything organized and it syncs together with your Google account including Google Docs, Google Drive, and all of that good Google stuff. Another plus point for using Best Chromebooks for artists is that they’re very affordable especially compared to other laptops for artists and they’re small in size and lightweight.
Chromebooks have an amazing battery life which is a very important thing you’d need when designing on Chromebook. It is really a good choice if you’re an art student and you want to keep your stuff organized on a lightweight laptop that you can take to your classes.
Rather just see the best Chromebooks for Canvas in 2022 category leaders? Check out our cheat sheet.
- 1 Chromebook for Canvas: Category Leaders
- 2 Best Chromebooks for Canvas: 2022 Buying Guide
- 3 Best Chromebooks for Canvas
- 4 Chromebooks for Canvas: 2022 Full Product Reviews
- 4.1 Google Pixelbook Go – TOP SELLER
- 4.2 Google Pixelbook – MOST POWERFUL
- 4.3 Asus Chromebook C433 – BUDGET FRIENDLY
- 4.4 ASUS Chromebook Flip C302
- 4.5 Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2
- 4.6 HP 14-inch Chromebook Touchscreen
- 4.7 Lenovo S330 Chromebook
- 4.8 ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
- 4.9 Acer Chromebook Spin 13
- 4.10 Lenovo Chromebook C340
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Chromebook for Canvas: Category Leaders
- Stay unplugged for up to 12 hours so you don't need to carry a charger.
- Lightweight - Barely 2 pounds
- Starts up in seconds and makes working a breeze.
- The 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do.
- The Titan C security chip and built-in anti-virus software help protect your data.
- High performance Chromebook.
- Super thin and lightweight design measures 10.3 mm and weighs 2.45lbs.
- Features 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 512GB for storage.
- The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use.
- Fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes.
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin).
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode.
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance.
Best Chromebooks for Canvas: 2022 Buying Guide
Display and Touchscreen
As an artist, an essential thing to consider is the touchscreen display. You want a high-resolution display so you can work on intricate designs. It is critical that you can see the tiny details and vivid colors artwork. You should look for at least a 1920 x 1080 pixels screen to get the best results possible.
Getting a Chromebook with a touchscreen is better for an artist. You can easily create designs if you are new to digital art. Using a stylus is simple as compared to using a trackpad or mouse to draw on the screen. Not only for beginners but stylus also helps in getting to the deep details of the art piece.
You also need to look out for true-to-life color rendering and decent contrast. If you find a Chromebook with these features you’ll know it’s a winner.
Not all Chromebooks are powerful so pay careful attention to the processor. If you go for one of the low-end processors, you may have to deal with lags and crashes. It might not be able to cope with the software you want to run as an artist. It is recommended that you look for a model that has an Intel i3 or i5 processor. An M series processor is another reliable option for your Chromebook.
As an artist, excellent graphics are a priority so you should know that most best Chromebooks have a dedicated graphics card. Integrated graphics don’t tend to be as powerful or precise as a dedicated graphics card. If that’s a deal-breaker, the other option is to splash out on a Chromebook with an Intel HD graphics card. In this case, you’ll need to look for a model that has an Intel i5 processor and a dedicated graphics card, which will result in an amazing performance.
Best Chromebooks for Canvas
Chromebooks are becoming more and more popular, but not all of them are created the same. Some have better specs than others or they might offer a different operating system. Especially if you love the Canvas app, we will help find the best Chromebook for you.
We’ve put together this list to help you get started on deciding which one is right for you. Whether you’re looking for something that’s fast, has lots of storage space, or just want to spend as little money as possible – there’s something for everyone in our list.
- Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours so you don't need to carry a charger. And when you do need a charge get up to 2 hours of use in just 20 minutes so you can keep going.
- Lightweight - Barely 2 pounds It's 13 millimeter thin with a grippable design making it easier to carry.
- Starts up in seconds and makes working a breeze. The 8th Gen Intel Core Processor is quick and responsive powering everything you do. And Chrome OS doesn't slow down over time so it always feels like new.
- High performance Chromebook. It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in. Press the Google Assistant key on your keyboard or say "Ok Google" to get started. The Google Assistant is always ready to help.
- Features 7th Gen Intel Core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 512GB for storage. The long lasting battery delivers up to 10 hours of use and it’s fast charging so you can get 2 hours of use in 15 minutes.
- 4-in-1 design adapts to whatever you’re doing with laptop, tablet, tent and entertainment modes. Access to favorite apps including Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, YouTube and more.
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14-inch screen to fit in the body of a 13-inch laptop footprint
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5" full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 8GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright backlit illuminated keyboard
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- With the latest Intel Core processor, you'll get super-fast speeds.
- Wi-Fi 6 GIG+ that’s up to 3x faster than standard Wi-Fi gives you a super smooth performance
- All-day battery that keeps up no matter how many checkmarks your to-do list demands.
- Power to work and play all day: all the power you need to stay productive and entertained on a seamless Chrome experience
- Daily dose of entertainment: immerse yourself in Dual speakers and audio by B&O play, and easily share your screen with a flexible hinge that allows up to 180-degree rotation
- Battery life: up to 8 hours and 30 minutes (mixed usage)
- High performance laptop: The Chromebook S330 is equipped with a MediaTek MTK8173C Processor, Chrome OS, 4 GB LPDDR3, 64 GB eMMC 5.1 and so much more
- Sleek and stylish design: Sleek, stylish and secure, the Lenovo Chromebook S330 is less than one inch thin and 3.3 pounds light with a 14-inch FHD display. Perfect for day-to-day computing and multimedia, on or offline
- Powerful processing: Perfect for all your daily computing needs, The Lenovo Chromebook S330 delivers a host of performance features. Enjoy powerful processing for daily tasks, LPDDR3 memory for multitasking, eMMC storage for quick boot-ups, fast software loading and additional 100 GB of cloud storage via Google Drive
- 14 inch Touchscreen FHD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13inch laptop footprint.
- The FHD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode.
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease.
- Convertible Chromebook with Intel Core i5-8250U, 13.5" (2256 x 1504)
- Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10-point multi-touch screen, 8GB Memory, 128GB eMMC and
- Up to 10-hour Battery Life.Maximum Power Supply Wattage:45 W
- Fast, fun, and easy to use, the Lenovo Chromebook c340-11 is ready to go when you are, no matter where you are. Just log in with your Google account; And, with up to 10 hours of battery life, you can depend on this laptop to keep up with you
- With dimensions smaller than a sheet of printer paper and weighing about the same as a hardcover textbook, you can carry this notebook with you anywhere
- The touchscreen looks great and lets you click or drag files right on the screen. Plus, enjoy crystal-clear audio. The USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 port lets you enjoy fast data transfer, multimedia streaming, and battery charging
Chromebooks for Canvas: 2022 Full Product Reviews
Google Pixelbook Go – TOP SELLER
Google has introduced this sleek and slim Chromebook which is a superb choice for those who need portability. It has a 12 hour long battery life making sure you don’t skip any idea in any situation. It has fantastic specs from 8 gigabytes RAM and 128 gigabytes of storage, this model is robust and responsive allowing you to run any application with ease. You should not run out of space with this generous storage space. The 8th generation Intel Core processor is also noteworthy but as an artist, you’re most interested in the screen. The machine has got Intel’s UHD 615 graphics card which gives you up to 60 frames per second.
The Google Pixelbook Go offers 8 plus million pixels for an immersive vivid experience. Your artwork will look spectacular when you draw on the touch screen. The Google Pixelbook Go has got some limited options for IO. It has a USB C port on each side and a headphones jack.
It’s barely 13 millimeters thin and weighs only 2 pounds. To keep it light and sturdy, Google painted it to magnesium which is soft to touch yet doesn’t become a smudge magnet. The ridged bottom makes it more practical to use on your lap. The lack of sharp curves makes it really good to hold as you move from place to place.
- Good performer
- Limited connectivity
- Good to Go: Pixelbook Go lets you stay unplugged for up to 12 hours  so you don't need to carry a...
- Made to move Pixelbook Go is lightweight - Barely 2 pounds It's 13 millimeter thin with a grippable...
- Get it done Fast: Pixelbook Go starts up in seconds and makes working a breeze. The 8th Gen Intel...
- Go without worry: Pixelbook Go is designed to prevent things from getting off track. The Titan C...
Google Pixelbook – MOST POWERFUL
The machine has a proper Intel Core i5 7th generation processor, 8 gigabytes of RAM, and 128 gigabytes of storage. It has an Intel 615 UHG graphics card. It runs a powerful processor without any fans. It is a screamer in terms of performance.
Google is promising 10 hours of battery life but that would be reduced to 7 hours if you are pushing the machine to its limits luckily, the device charges super fast.
The Google Pixelbook is a beautiful, well-made, aluminum laptop with a high-resolution touchscreen that you can flip around into a tablet mode. Chrome OS, especially with Android apps, is more capable than its ever been. Web apps on it are really great. You can use them in separate windows instead of tabs and even split-screen them, and a lot of the web apps also work offline. But, most of the apps don’t have a resizeable window in tablet mode.
You’ve got the Google Assistant button on the keyboard making it very convenient to call the assistant, or you can also say “Okay Google”. It also has a battery-operated pen which makes drawing on the screen even easier. The pen also does handwriting recognition. It is a full Walcom styled stylus, so you can do a bunch of drawing tricks with angles and pressure sensitivity on it. But that stuff only works in a few apps, ones that are updated to support it. The other thing this pen does is help with image searches. You can hold the button down on the pen and circle the stuff on the screen and the Google Assistant will search the thing you circled.
If you have a Pixel phone, you can turn on instant tethering. If you have any recent Android phones, you can unlock this computer with your phone’s fingerprint sensor.
Sometimes, when you’re loading a bunch of Android apps, it gets clumsy. The build quality of the device is fair to its price. Its made out of aluminum, with a glass screen and a glass shade behind the lid which makes it look like it belongs next to the Pixel phones. It’s also sturdy as hell, with zero flex. It weighs just about two and a half pounds and is a little under a half-inch thick. The palm rests are made of silicon and feel better than metal to rest your palms on.
The screen is a 12.3-inch display with a 3 x 2 aspect ratio and the resolution is 2400 x 1600. The screen is really good. It’s responsive to touch and sharp. The bezels on the screen might feel a little bigger.
- Powerful device
- Touch screen
- Built in pen
- Clumsy tablet form factor
Asus Chromebook C433 – BUDGET FRIENDLY
The body of the ASUS Chromebook Flip C433 is a hit and miss. The entire thing feels nice, sturdy, and firm. It is not too heavy at 3.3 pounds. It has square edges and feels attractive. The material is a mix of plastic and aluminum. The hinge mechanism feels really good and solid. But the problem with the build quality is that the lid doesn’t easily open up. You’d have to open up the lid with both of the hands as the magnet clasps to close in the front rather than the back of the lid and the keyboard deck.
Inside the device, we are met with one of the high points. The screen has tiny little bezels and has mice screen-to-body ratio. The brightness is nice 180 to 190 nits and doesn’t bother you much in brightness. It does look quite muted in colors but to an acceptable limit.
ASUS has made another interesting design choice and put a shiny silver band underneath the screen. As we move down from the screen to the keyboard, the keys, the keyboard, and the keyframe feel are just excellent. All of the body feels premium but as soon as you put pressure on the keyboard, it bows and feels so flimsy. This thing also makes the trackpad feel crappy.
The Flip C433 on the inside is an 8th Gen Y series, core M3 processor so there is no speed issue. It has 8 gigabytes of RAM with 64 gigabytes of internal storage making sure you don’t have any issues with performance. It also has the Intel UHD 615 graphics card.
In terms of connectivity, it has USB Type C on both sides and USB type A, volume and power card on the sides, a micro SD card slot for expansion. The overall performance of the device is great, the port selection is great. The battery life of this device is just as advertised which is the standard 8 to 10 hours.
- 2 USB Type C ports
- Great performer
- Average build quality
- Clumsy magnet to attach the lid to the body
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm...
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display...
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy...
ASUS Chromebook Flip C302
The design of the Flip C302 excels at almost everything. This device stands out as a quality slab of all aluminum. Soft-touch aluminum, rounded corners, and straight boxy sides, all come together to make the slim attractive design. The ASUS Flip C302 is a travel-friendly device as it weighs somewhat around 2 1/2 pounds. The device has a 360-degree hinge so the artist can get indulged in the artwork and work in a suitable and comfortable position. The satisfying magnetic clasp will hold the screen to the body in tablet mode.
On the ASUS flip, we have the USB port C on each side, a micro SD card slot, and a headphones jack with the addition of side-firing speaker ports, a volume rocker, and a power button.
The Flip Chromebook offers you a bright 1080 pixel resolution with 300 nits of brightness and a 1536 x 864 resolution scaling option. You get to see a perfect and crisp image at every angle and distance with this IPS panel, wide viewing angle screen, and punching colors.
Another benefit of this 1080p screen is the enhanced performance. The display has lesser pixels to render and rendering is done faster. This increases the performance and makes things work faster.
16 x 9 screens are simply awkward in tablet mode. these are too wide in landscape and too narrow in portrait. But if you’re good at handling the convertible screen or you’re already familiar with designing on 16 x 9 screens, this should not be a big deal for you.
The keyboard is another huge win for the Chromebook Flip C302. The key travel is great, the sound is satisfying, and the backlight with 6 stages is fantastic. The click mechanism is just great and there are no odd or loose parts.
The battery life on the Flip C302 is also exceptional. Anywhere between 8 to 10 hours of use, with around 75% of the screen brightness. There’s no doubt that this thing is a great performer and great battery as well.
With a Pentium Intel Core M3, it has 4 gigabytes of RAM and 64 gigabytes of internal storage. The device has an Intel HD 515 graphics card.
- 2 USB C ports
- Slim and attractive design
- Great display
- Short form factor
- Lacks a fan
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5" full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or...
- Intel Core Processor with 64GB storage and 8GB RAM for fast and efficient performance with a bright...
- Extremely lightweight at 2.65 pounds with the protection of a sleek aluminum metal body
- Starts up in seconds and lasts all day, thanks to a long battery life rated up to 10 hours
Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2
Coming up with the design, the chassis is red in fact it looks a tad orange and it will turn heads for sure. It sets the Galaxy Chromebook apart from others and if you’re looking for a statement, this Chromebook makes it. The device is an aluminum body and feels good on hands as well as looks classy on the desk. This Samsung Chromebook is a decent and classy convertible experience for its amazing build quality.
It lacks the magnetic clipping at the top of the lid when the device is enclosed into the tablet mode and all the tent and display modes work well.
The port stays minimal as well on the Galaxy Chromebook 2. It has just the USB type C on both sides and a micro SD card slot. For the Samsung Chromebook 2, Samsung has put the fans at the back of the device to keep thermals under control.
At 15 millimeters thick and 2.7 pounds, it is not the thinnest nor the lightest Chromebook ever. But the extra space inside is necessary for the fans and the larger battery.
Cracking open the lid, we get a more modest 1080p QLED screen. The pixels are plenty dense, the screen is super bright at 400 nits and the colors are deep in contrast.
The keys are pretty clicky and feel sturdy. The backlight is subtle and there’s very little bleed underneath the keys.
The machine has a 10th Gen Core i3 paired up with 8 gigabytes of RAM and 128 gigabytes of eMMC storage and Intel’s UHD graphics card. the specs are just fine for performance and there’s a boost in the speed of performance. It also features pen support but the device doesn’t come with a pen in the box.
- FHD display
- Built-in fans
- eMMC storage
- Large form factor
- Backlit keyboard
- No magnetic clips to hold the lid
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- Awarded Best Chromebook by CNN Underscored!
- THE POWER & SPEED YOU DESERVE: Whether your working, studying or relaxing, Galaxy Chromebook 2 has...
- SLEEK DESIGN TO MAKE YOU STAND OUT: Featuring an ultra-thin design , the Galaxy Chromebook 2 is...
HP 14-inch Chromebook Touchscreen
This large touchscreen from HP is perfectly fine for digital artists. This 14-inch screen is very responsive. It makes sure you don’t skip on any details during your sketch. The device is light in weight, compact, yet larger in size so you can carry it all around with you. This HP Chromebook also has a long battery life of up to 10 hours so you don’t need to worry about charging it all the time. It doesn’t have a lot of storage space but you’d expect that of a Chromebook. You can save your files to the cloud or an external hard drive instead. It’s also very low cost compared to a lot of other models on the market. If you’re on a tight budget, this Chromebook will serve you well. As a bonus, it comes with a built-in antivirus and Google apps.
The HP Chromebook 14 powered by AMD processors is all plastic but that doesn’t mean it feels terrible. It’s actually pretty firm and well put together, it doesn’t have a lot of flex. The hinge feels really good and the all-white chassis hits in the nostalgic spot. The design feels young and fresh and looks great on the table. It just has a kind of striking aesthetic being all white. The outer part of it seems to pick up any fingerprints or dirt either. The keyboard deck has a kind of brushed translucent white-looking ivory. Thus the build quality is not a turn-off for the device.
The HP Chromebook is not the best thing you’ll put your hands on but HP has a good record of putting good keyboards in their devices. The key travel is perfectly fine, the click mechanism feels good, and it feels good to type on. You might find the click mechanism a little stiff but it works itself in with time.
Another thing that HP has done nicely to this device is the port selection. You get a USB type A on both of the sides and a USB type C on both sides and the C port can be used for charging or display out. there’s also a Kensington lock, headphones jack, and a microSD card slot too.
The speakers are a little too loud and a little too heavy in the mid-range so it’s good if you’re intending for listening to podcasts or something but not good enough for music.
The HP Chromebook 14 comes with 32 gigabytes of storage, 4 gigabytes of RAM, and an AMD A4 processor. The performance of the AMD A4 is pretty decent and didn’t have too many issues. You’d notice a little bit of slow down when you overload the device with multiple apps at once.
In terms of the battery life, you’d get 8 to 10 hours of mixed-use across the board. The thing that is compromised here by HP is the screen. We’re talking here about the 1366 x 768 TN panel which is an HD class. The problem here is the viewing angles, the colors, and the brightness. The viewing angles are bad, the screen has some sort of blue or yellow shift. The colors lack the punch or color depth.
- Good tablet form factor
- Build quality could be better
- Poor display
- Loud stereo speakers
- Power to work and play all day: all the power you need to stay productive and entertained on a...
- Daily dose of entertainment: immerse yourself in Dual speakers and audio by B&O play, and easily...
- Processor: AMD Dual-Core a4-9120, 2. 2GHz up to 2. 5GHz
- Display: 14. 0-Inch diagonal Full HD antiglare IPS WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080)
Lenovo S330 Chromebook
Now we have a hands-on Lenovo S 330, the best Chromebook which is considered one of the best entry-level laptops for artists. The S330 manages to be a fantastic laptop because it offers you just enough of everything you’ll likely need on daily basis. The machine comes with a PowerVR GX6250 graphics card.
The build quality is not to be considered the most premium. It is almost exclusively plastic but the deep grey comes black color is actually pretty sleek with the textured lid which feels pretty nice when gripped.
The machine has a decent selection of ports. You get a full-size HDMI port, a USB C that supports Display Port out on power IN while standard USB 3.0 and SD card readers are also included. On the right, you get a Kensington lock and a headphones jack.
Open the laptop and you’re greeted with plenty of bezels on the 14-inch display. This model has a 1366 x 768-pixel display so it is just a smidgen over HD. There is a 1080 pixels touchscreen display and performs well.
The hinge can go all the way up to 180 degrees so you can find the right comfort level for you when using the S330. The display is not in any way grainy but the colors could be a little bit deeper. The audio of the chassis though is a little bit poor though. It is suggested to pair it with wired or wireless headphones and enjoy the audio that way.
Also, the keyboard is impressive. The keys feel spongy while they have plenty of travel when typing. The plastic body does produce some flex which also adds to the spongy feel.
The performance of the machine is impressive too. Here you will be impressed with the MediaTek set in four gigabytes of RAM. You would not feel any experience killing slowdowns unless you overload it. The lack of a touchscreen means that some games and apps are probably not worth installing.
The battery life is one area where the S330 manages to exceed similar rival machines. You can easily manage a minimum of 7 hours regularly but it depends on the usability of the device. One thing to note though is by closing the S330, they can bring some serious battery bleed issues so it is suggested to power down before shutting the lid. Despite being charged by USB C, there is no fast charging on the S330.
- Entry level device
- Classy design
- Limited CPU performance
- Not touch screen
- No fast charging
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- High performance laptop: The Chromebook S330 is equipped with a MediaTek MTK8173C Processor, Chrome...
- Sleek and stylish design: Sleek, stylish and secure, the Lenovo Chromebook S330 is less than one...
- Powerful processing: Perfect for all your daily computing needs, The Lenovo Chromebook S330 delivers...
ASUS Chromebook Flip C434
The Flip super large 14-inch touchscreen is sure to grab your attention. It has ultra-slim bezels and a 1920 by 1080 pixel display. So it’s ideal for aspiring and professional artists. This ASUS 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop comes with some desirable specs. It runs smoothly, thanks to the Intel Core M3 processor and 8 gigabytes of RAM. With 64 gigabytes of storage, you can keep your artwork safe and secure. The elegant all-metal design is both attractive and hard-wearing and is also lightweight making it suitable for commuting and travel. Thus, you can get creative wherever you are with the ASUS Flip.
If you want to secure a great Chromebook with super features in a reasonable range, you should consider The ASUS Flip C434 and you won’t regret your decision. The machine runs an Intel 615 UHD graphics card.
You’d have a hard time picking nitpicks in the ASUS Chromebook Flip C434. It’s a great device and performs things really really well. ASUS has done a fantastic job with the build quality of this machine. It has nice chamfered edges on the amazing aluminum body as well as the trackpad and the hinges. The machine feels nice and sturdy and resistant to catching fingerprints on it. It looks great on the desk and feels great in your hands.
The device is light at just 3 pounds and 15-16 millimeters in thickness which makes it super portable and super well to put together. It feels premium on every front.
The screen itself is just amazing. It s about 300 nits of brightness and got some nice punchy colors, great wide viewing angles, and 1920 x 1080 pixels. All the things in the panel are just perfect for your artistic needs.
The keyboard feels great; it got plenty of travel on the keys, they’re backlit and the overall feel of them and the travel is really good.
On the side of the device, the port selectin has Type C on both sides which can be used for charging also for audio and video output. It also has a USB type A and headphones jack. Additionally, on the right side, we get an SD card slot which is a plus point if you want to expand your storage.
- MicroSD slot
- Bright and nice display
- Convertible Chromebook
- No fans
- 14 inch Touchscreen FHD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin)...
- The FHD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to...
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance....
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1s Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a super...
Acer Chromebook Spin 13
Another best Chromebook on the list is the Acer Chromebook Spin 13. This one is specially designed for artists having great durability. For the artists who are looking for professional looks, strength, and durability in a Chromebook, then this is going to be the best choice. The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 comes with an 8th generation Intel Core i5 8250u processor with 8 gigabytes of RAM for enough memory. This is more than enough for any artist who wants to draw any artistic design.
8 gigabytes of RAM in the Acer Spin might sound a little less but you won’t be disappointed with its fast performance. Again to store any high detail graphic designs, 128 gigabytes storage is enough. The Acer Chromebook Spin 13 comes with a screen size of 13 and a half inches with a full HD 2256 x 1504 pixel resolution. The Acer spin screen has been designed to rotate 360 degrees with dual hinges. You can use it as a laptop, tablet, tent, or even stand due to its responsive movement. The Acer Chromebook Spin is lightweight and sleek in design. This Chromebook is very easy to use and is really responsive. It comes with built-in virus protection software. The immersive speakers will make your mood happy while drawing as they are of such high quality. It has dual audio speakers which will make your experience go on another level.
Overall, the Chromebook is all aluminum and chamfered edges look really good. They are not cutting edge as far as the aesthetics go but overall the device looks good.
The machine has a nice sharp display without forcing more pixels than you really need. The display is an absolute knockout and that’s less stuff for the processor to have to deal with whenever it’s rendering anything on the page. The machine has Intel’s UHD 620 graphics card.
The keyboard might feel a little mushy from time to time but the keys are backlit so that is a nice plus. Another thing this machine has is the third input method; the device has a built in stylus on it so you can grab the stylus right out from underneath whenever you need it. It doesn’t need batteries, it’s EMR. It works with 4000 plus levels of pressure. It is big enough to fit entirely in your hand just like a pen.
- Built-in stylus
- Thin form factor
- Average keyboard
- Premium Chromebooks offer high performance for multitasking and advanced workloads.
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live...
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit,...
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books,...
Lenovo Chromebook C340
The Lenovo Chromebook C340 is another excellent choice to make one of the best Chromebooks. This 2-in-1 laptop offers exceptional versatility as you can use it in tablet or laptop mode. This feature gives you greater freedom to sketch in comfort. The HD touchscreen is a joy to draw on but you’ll need to buy your stylus as it doesn’t come with one. While the settings aren’t as impressive as some other models, it’s sturdy and reliable.
You get 4 gigabytes of RAM with the Lenovo Chromebook C340 and it’s suitable for most of the artistic tasks plus you can use it for 10 hours anywhere without needing to charge it. It is paired with 64 gigabytes of stunning storage capacity with an Intel Celeron N4000 processor and Intel UHD 600 graphics card. This is a great choice for many students and amateur artists, grab this model and you’ll be all set to sketch and draw for years to come.
With Lenovo Chromebook C340, you get an 11.6 inches IPS LCD and that’s 720 pixels HD. The lid of the machine is aluminum which gives it a lot more stable feel and you also get a range of colors to choose from.
In terms of travel distance, the keyboard feels good and sturdy. The overall device feels good, sturdy, and substantial without feeling super cheap about this best Chromebook.
This device, just like its predecessor has an IPS panel. It is not the brightest thing in the world about 180 nits or so don’t expect crazy brightness but it has good colors and great viewing angles. It has a glass panel so when you flip it into tablet mode it doesn’t feel weird plastic or bendy.
Around the sides of the machine, we have a pretty generous port selection with USB Type-A on both and a USB Type C on both sides. All those ports do exactly what you’d expect. You also get a headphones jack and a MicroSD card slot so as far as connectivity is concerned, this thing is not lacking in the least.
The chipset just does its job. You wouldn’t see any stutter or freeze-ups during any tasks.
- Generous connectivity options
- Convertible Chromebook
- No stylus
- Fast, fun, and easy to use, the Lenovo Chromebook c340-11 is ready to go when you are, no matter...
- With dimensions smaller than a sheet of printer paper and weighing about the same as a hardcover...
- Built with chrome OS, you'll enjoy a streamlined interface, access to millions of Google play apps,...
- The touchscreen looks great and lets you click or drag files right on the screen. Plus, enjoy...
Are Chromebooks compatible with canvas?
Canvas works the best with Chromebooks.
What Chromebook do most schools use?
ASUS Chromebook Flip C434 is one of the top best Chromebooks used in schools.
Which brand of Chromebook is best?
There is not a specific brand that would make the best Chromebooks. It depends on the terms of usage of the buyer.
What are the 10 best Chromebooks?
Google Pixelbook Go, Lenovo Chromebook C340, Acer Chromebook Spin 13, Lenovo S330 Chromebook, ASUS Chromebook Flip C434, Google Pixelbook, HP 14-inch Chromebook Touchscreen, Asus Chromebook C433, ASUS Chromebook Flip C302, Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 2 makes it to our list of best Chromebooks.
We’ve listed down the top 10 best Chromebooks for Canvas. The Chrome OS has been a great performer and makes affordable Chromebooks. We’ve listed all the basics you’d need to know when using Canvas on Chrome OS. All of these listed best Chromebook include the budget devices to the top tiers. We are sure you’d find your right choice.
Last update on 2023-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API